Elementor is a drag-and-drop web page home builder plugin for WordPress. This means a couple of things:
– Elementor allows you produce original-looking articles and web pages that are special, compared to the common post/page layouts that include your WordPress theme.
– You obtain a 100% separate user interface to work on your articles and pages– the bulk of your job does not happen in the basic block editor that includes WordPress.
– It does not require any HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding skills– whatever can be done through an useful user-facing interface.
– It works with the front end of your site, meaning it reveals you the results of your job as soon as possible in an authentic ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ way.
– You can use it to create any kind of material format or web page design you can picture– regardless of what your present WordPress style allows you to do.
– And, most notably, it collaborates with all WordPress themes, so you can maintain your existing style and still obtain every one of the rewards Elementor features.
Placing everything together, the primary benefit of using Elementor is that you can develop outstanding page layouts/designs, even if you’re not a specialist nor have any kind of experience with website building.
This is particularly essential if you’re on a tight budget plan and also do not intend to work with any individual to aid you with the site.
That DIY concept appears to reverberate with users a whole lot. At the time of creating, more than 3 million(!) WordPress sites had Elementor set up and also active. That’s a shocking number, and it simply goes to show that Elementor has actually truly taken the internet by storm.
Let’s look into some of one of the most interesting attributes of Elementor’s, one at a time:
Features as well as Benefits
First, there’s the primary page building functionality itself. We’re going to talk about that in a minute.
There are more than 90 material elements/modules to select from– pictures, headings, buttons, slide carousels, counters, development bars, testimonials and also more.
The majority of points collaborate with drag-and-drop– you can take any kind of element as well as move it to a new place just by dragging it across the screen.
The pages are all mobile-responsive and also SEO-friendly.
There’s a library of pre-made page layouts that can be imported as well as modified. At the time of composing, there were 150-plus complimentary and 300-plus pro themes offered. In addition, you can save your very own templates.
If you’re on the Pro version of Elementor, you can make use of the Theme Builder attribute, which enables you to modify your style’s core components, such as the header, footer, solitary blog post design template, or your blog site archives.
Finally, there’s likewise a completely brand-new WooCommerce Contractor module. It’s similar to Style Builder, however this one enables you to renovate every one of your default WooCommerce pages, such as your solitary item page or product archive.
As I pointed out earlier, the core functionality of the plugin is to allow you to develop, fine-tune and readjust your pages openly– and after that see the result of that in real-time.
That real-time preview attribute suggests you don’t have to question what your web page is going to resemble when published (which is the basic scenario with native WordPress web pages that are highly theme-dependent).
So, what can you do precisely? First, Elementor permits you to benefit from lots of content elements/modules (more than 90 of them), which you can put anywhere on the page. You can then rearrange those aspects with the previously mentioned drag-and-drop assistance.
The available content aspects consist of headings, photos, message paragraphs, videos, switches, dividers, spacers, icons, photo galleries and carousels, counters, reviews, social media icons, shortcodes, and also a whole lot more. Also, you get to utilize whatever widgets you currently have on your WordPress website.
Aside from that, Elementor gives you access to present setups. This is where you can change the backgrounds, margins as well as padding values, default colors, fonts, and more.
In addition to that, there’s a full alteration background, implying you can revert to a previous version of the web page (in case you messed something up as well as do not know how to fix it).
Last, but definitely not least, Elementor provides you full control over what your page looks like on desktop computer, tablet as well as mobile.
Using those little toggles, you can switch back and forth between tools, and also change the great details to make the page appearance wonderful all over.
Okay, to keep this Elementor evaluation valid, I ought to probably discuss there’s a Pro version available too. Yet you don’t truly need it to enjoy, say, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– truthfully!
The main plugin is available through the official WordPress repository (get it right here). There are no covert costs or signups/registrations needed. It just works!
Now, regarding that Pro version. Approved, it does feature some interesting stuff that power customers will certainly delight in:
50- plus added material elements/modules.
300- plus added page templates.
Style Builder (the module where you can alter the headers and footers of your existing style).
WooCommerce Contractor (the module that allows you do reconstruct your WooCommerce item web pages).
Popup Home builder (a module where you can develop pop-ups and have them incorporated with either an opt-in form or some unique offer/discount).
Aesthetic Form Contractor (features combinations with popular advertising and marketing tools).
You can produce Global Widgets and after that reuse them throughout the site.
Include customized CSS to any type of Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor components in sidebars and widgets.
Below’s the existing pricing of Elementor Pro:
This is a yearly registration, so you likewise get 24/7 assistance as well as updates as long as you remain subscribed.
So, is Elementor far better than the competition? Well, that depends upon how we consider it.
Although the marketplace of page builders has grown a lot throughout the years, the two major competitors of Elementor’s are still the same– those are Beaver Home Builder as well as Divi Building Contractor. Hence, for many people, choosing a page building contractor comes down to deciding in between Elementor, Beaver as well as Divi.
- Free– $0, however very restricted
- Develop as well as organize a website– $89/year. Suitable if you want to host a website besides simply developing it.
- Important– $49/year. A great option to design a single web site.
- Professional- $199/year. Suitable for making up to 25 sites
- Workshop– $499/year as well as works well for 100 web sites
- Company– $999/year for 1000 websites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s free. And the majority of new websites won’t require to upgrade to Pro.
+ It has an outstanding variety of attributes as well as is easy to use.
+ Again, the range of functions that are readily available free of cost is more than outstanding. I feel I must consist of that on the list twice.
+ It allows you to build customized page designs as well as styles that might not be readily available in your current theme as well as doesn’t need any HTML, CSS or PHP abilities.
+ Attributes such as inline text editing and also real-time sneak peeks offer you a true ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ editing user interface.
+ The ability to change your desktop computer, tablet computer and also mobile sights separately.
+ There are extremely in-depth settings for every one of the placements, margins and also padding values. Literally nothing is outside your control.
Cons of Elementor:
– Adding personalized styling to links doesn’t always go as intended. You might be stuck to Elementor’s default typography and color settings, which might not be what you desire.
– If something is misaligned on the page, it’s typically difficult to situate the specific margin value that’s the offender. For example, you might have a primary block, a column inside it, and then a material component inside that. Each of them has its own margin setups.