Elementor is a drag-and-drop web page builder plugin for WordPress. This means a couple of things:
– Elementor lets you develop original-looking blog posts and web pages that are one-of-a-kind, compared to the common post/page design templates that feature your WordPress motif.
– You get a 100% separate interface to work on your articles and web pages– the bulk of your job does not take place in the basic block editor that comes with WordPress.
– It doesn’t require any type of HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding skills– every little thing can be done through a handy user-facing interface.
– It works on the front end of your website, implying it reveals you the end results of your job right away in a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ way.
– You can utilize it to create any type of content design or web page format you can envision– regardless of what your present WordPress style allows you to do.
– As well as, most significantly, it deals with all WordPress motifs, so you can maintain your present design and still get every one of the goodies Elementor features.
Placing everything together, the main benefit of using Elementor is that you can create impressive page layouts/designs, even if you’re not a professional nor have any type of experience with site structure.
This is specifically important if you’re on a tight budget plan as well as don’t intend to hire anybody to assist you with the site.
That do it yourself concept seems to resonate with users a great deal. At the time of composing, more than 3 million(!) WordPress websites had actually Elementor installed and also active. That’s an incredible number, and it just mosts likely to reveal that Elementor has actually genuinely taken the web by tornado.
Allow’s take a look into some of the most intriguing functions of Elementor’s, one at a time:
Attributes and also Benefits
First, there’s the main page building capability itself. We’re mosting likely to talk about that in a minute.
There are more than 90 material elements/modules to select from– pictures, headings, switches, carousels, counters, progress bars, endorsements and more.
A lot of things deal with drag-and-drop– you can take any type of component as well as move it to a brand-new area merely by dragging it throughout the display.
The web pages are all mobile-responsive as well as SEO-friendly.
There’s a library of pre-made page templates that can be imported and modified. At the time of writing, there were 150-plus cost-free and 300-plus professional themes offered. Additionally, you can conserve your own themes.
If you’re on the Pro version of Elementor, you can use the Style Building contractor attribute, which permits you to change your motif’s core elements, such as the header, footer, solitary post design template, or your blog archives.
Last but not least, there’s additionally an entirely new WooCommerce Builder module. It resembles Style Home builder, however this one permits you to redesign all of your default WooCommerce web pages, such as your solitary item page or item archive.
As I pointed out earlier, the core functionality of the plugin is to enable you to build, modify as well as change your web pages openly– and afterwards see the result of that in real-time.
That real-time preview function indicates you do not need to question what your web page is going to resemble when released (which is the basic circumstance with native WordPress web pages that are highly theme-dependent).
So, what can you do exactly? First, Elementor allows you to capitalize on several content elements/modules (greater than 90 of them), which you can put anywhere on the web page. You can after that rearrange those aspects with the previously mentioned drag-and-drop support.
The offered material elements consist of headings, photos, text paragraphs, videos, buttons, dividers, spacers, symbols, image galleries and also carousels, counters, endorsements, social media icons, shortcodes, and a whole lot more. Additionally, you reach use whatever widgets you currently carry your WordPress site.
In addition to that, Elementor gives you access to present settings. This is where you can transform the histories, margins as well as cushioning worths, default shades, font styles, and so on.
In addition to that, there’s a full modification history, implying you can go back to a previous variation of the web page (in case you messed something up as well as don’t know how to fix it).
Last, yet certainly not the very least, Elementor provides you full control over what your page looks like on desktop computer, tablet and also mobile.
Using those tiny toggles, you can change back and forth in between tools, and also readjust the fine details to make the web page appearance great all over.
Okay, to maintain this Elementor review accurate, I need to most likely state there’s a Pro version available also. But you don’t actually need it to enjoy, state, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– honestly!
The major plugin is available by means of the official WordPress repository (get it below). There are no covert expenses or signups/registrations needed. It simply functions!
Now, concerning that Pro version. Provided, it does feature some interesting stuff that power customers will enjoy:
50- plus added web content elements/modules.
300- plus extra page themes.
Motif Contractor (the component where you can change the headers and also footers of your current theme).
WooCommerce Building contractor (the component that permits you do rebuild your WooCommerce product pages).
Popup Building contractor (a component where you can develop pop-ups and have them incorporated with either an opt-in kind or some special offer/discount).
Aesthetic Type Building contractor (includes integrations with prominent marketing tools).
You can create Worldwide Widgets and then reuse them throughout the site.
Add personalized CSS to any kind of Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor elements in sidebars and widgets.
Right here’s the existing prices of Elementor Pro:
This is a yearly subscription, so you likewise obtain 24/7 support and updates as long as you remain subscribed.
So, is Elementor much better than the competition? Well, that depends on how we look at it.
Despite the fact that the market of web page contractors has actually grown a whole lot throughout the years, the two primary competitors of Elementor’s are still the exact same– those are Beaver Home Builder as well as Divi Building Contractor. Therefore, for many individuals, picking a web page contractor comes down to making a decision in between Elementor, Beaver and Divi.
- Free– $0, however very limited
- Build and also hold a website– $89/year. Perfect if you wish to host a site besides just creating it.
- Crucial– $49/year. An excellent choice to create a single website.
- Specialist- $199/year. Perfect for designing up to 25 sites
- Workshop– $499/year and also works well for 100 websites
- Company– $999/year for 1000 web sites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s cost-free. As well as many brand-new sites will not require to upgrade to Pro.
+ It has an exceptional variety of features and also is easy to use.
+ Once again, the variety of attributes that are offered totally free is greater than outstanding. I feel I must consist of that on the checklist twice.
+ It permits you to develop custom page designs and also designs that might not be readily available in your current style as well as doesn’t call for any HTML, CSS or PHP skills.
+ Attributes such as inline text editing and also real-time sneak peeks give you a true ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ editing and enhancing interface.
+ The ability to readjust your desktop, tablet computer and also mobile views individually.
+ There are extremely in-depth setups for every one of the alignments, margins and also padding values. Essentially nothing is outdoors your control.
Cons of Elementor:
– Including customized styling to web links doesn’t always go as prepared. You might be stuck with Elementor’s default typography and also shade setups, which may not be what you want.
– If something is misaligned on the web page, it’s often tough to situate the precise margin worth that’s the culprit. For example, you might have a primary block, a column inside it, and after that a content component inside that. Each of them has its own margin setups.