Elementor is a drag-and-drop web page home builder plugin for WordPress. This indicates a couple of things:
– Elementor lets you produce original-looking messages as well as web pages that are special, compared with the common post/page templates that come with your WordPress motif.
– You obtain a 100% separate interface to service your messages as well as pages– the bulk of your work does not happen in the typical block editor that features WordPress.
– It does not require any HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding abilities– everything can be done via a convenient user-facing user interface.
– It deals with the front end of your website, implying it reveals you the outcomes of your work right away in a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ manner.
– You can use it to produce any content layout or web page design you can imagine– regardless of what your current WordPress motif allows you to do.
– And also, most importantly, it deals with all WordPress styles, so you can maintain your current style and also still get all of the goodies Elementor features.
Putting all of it together, the main benefit of using Elementor is that you can produce excellent page layouts/designs, even if you’re not an expert neither have any kind of experience with website structure.
This is specifically important if you get on a limited budget plan and do not want to hire anyone to aid you with the website.
That DIY concept seems to resonate with individuals a lot. At the time of composing, more than 3 million(!) WordPress websites had Elementor mounted and energetic. That’s an incredible number, as well as it just goes to show that Elementor has actually genuinely taken the internet by storm.
Let’s take a look right into a few of one of the most interesting attributes of Elementor’s, one at a time:
Attributes and Benefits
First, there’s the primary web page structure functionality itself. We’re mosting likely to talk about that in a minute.
There are more than 90 content elements/modules to choose from– photos, headings, switches, carousels, counters, progress bars, endorsements and even more.
Most points collaborate with drag-and-drop– you can take any element as well as relocate to a brand-new place merely by dragging it throughout the display.
The pages are all mobile-responsive and SEO-friendly.
There’s a library of pre-made web page design templates that can be imported and changed. At the time of writing, there were 150-plus complimentary and also 300-plus professional templates available. Furthermore, you can conserve your very own themes.
If you get on the Pro variation of Elementor, you can use the Style Building contractor feature, which allows you to change your theme’s core aspects, such as the header, footer, single blog post layout, or your blog site archives.
Lastly, there’s likewise a completely brand-new WooCommerce Building contractor component. It resembles Theme Home builder, but this allows you to renovate all of your default WooCommerce pages, such as your solitary product page or product archive.
As I mentioned previously, the core performance of the plugin is to enable you to construct, tweak and also change your web pages freely– and after that see the end result of that in real-time.
That live preview feature suggests you do not need to wonder what your page is going to resemble when released (which is the common scenario with indigenous WordPress web pages that are very theme-dependent).
So, what can you do specifically? First, Elementor permits you to capitalize on lots of content elements/modules (more than 90 of them), which you can put anywhere on the web page. You can after that reorganize those components with the abovementioned drag-and-drop assistance.
The available content components consist of headings, images, text paragraphs, videos, buttons, dividers, spacers, icons, image galleries and also slide carousels, counters, testimonials, social media icons, shortcodes, as well as a whole lot more. Additionally, you get to use whatever widgets you already have on your WordPress site.
In addition to that, Elementor gives you accessibility to present setups. This is where you can transform the histories, margins and also padding worths, default colors, typefaces, and more.
In addition to that, there’s a complete modification history, implying you can return to a previous version of the web page (in case you messed something up and don’t know just how to fix it).
Last, but definitely not least, Elementor provides you complete control over what your web page looks like on desktop computer, tablet as well as mobile.
Using those little toggles, you can switch backward and forward in between gadgets, and change the great information to make the web page appearance great all over.
Okay, to maintain this Elementor review factual, I ought to possibly mention there’s a Pro version readily available as well. But you do not really require it to delight in, state, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– truthfully!
The primary plugin is available using the main WordPress repository (get it here). There are no concealed expenses or signups/registrations needed. It simply functions!
Now, about that Pro edition. Approved, it does feature some intriguing stuff that power individuals will certainly take pleasure in:
50- plus additional content elements/modules.
300- plus extra page templates.
Theme Builder (the component where you can change the headers and footers of your existing motif).
WooCommerce Home builder (the module that permits you do restore your WooCommerce item web pages).
Popup Contractor (a module where you can build pop-ups and also have them integrated with either an opt-in type or some unique offer/discount).
Visual Type Builder (includes integrations with preferred advertising and marketing tools).
You can develop Worldwide Widgets and after that reuse them throughout the site.
Include personalized CSS to any Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor elements in sidebars and widgets.
Below’s the present pricing of Elementor Pro:
This is an annual registration, so you also get 24/7 support and also updates as long as you remain subscribed.
So, is Elementor better than the competitors? Well, that depends upon how we take a look at it.
Although the market of page building contractors has actually grown a great deal over the years, both major competitors of Elementor’s are still the very same– those are Beaver Contractor and also Divi Home Builder. Therefore, for many people, choosing a page building contractor boils down to making a decision between Elementor, Beaver and Divi.
- Free– $0, yet very limited
- Develop and also hold a site– $89/year. Perfect if you want to organize a website besides simply creating it.
- Crucial– $49/year. A good selection to develop a solitary website.
- Professional- $199/year. Suitable for developing approximately 25 sites
- Studio– $499/year as well as functions well for 100 websites
- Firm– $999/year for 1000 internet sites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s totally free. And also a lot of new sites will not need to update to Pro.
+ It has a remarkable series of functions and is easy to use.
+ Once again, the variety of functions that are offered absolutely free is more than impressive. I feel I need to include that on the listing two times.
+ It allows you to build custom web page layouts and layouts that may not be readily available in your current theme as well as does not call for any kind of HTML, CSS or PHP skills.
+ Features such as inline text editing and also real-time previews offer you a true ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ modifying interface.
+ The capacity to change your desktop, tablet and also mobile views separately.
+ There are very detailed setups for all of the positionings, margins and padding worths. Actually nothing is outdoors your control.
Disadvantages of Elementor:
– Adding personalized styling to web links does not constantly go as intended. You might be stuck with Elementor’s default typography and also color settings, which may not be what you want.
– If something is misaligned on the page, it’s often hard to situate the exact margin worth that’s the culprit. For instance, you might have a main block, a column inside it, and afterwards a content aspect inside that. Each of them has its own margin setups.