Elementor is a drag-and-drop page builder plugin for WordPress. This means a number of things:
– Elementor allows you produce original-looking blog posts and pages that are special, compared with the conventional post/page design templates that feature your WordPress theme.
– You get a 100% different user interface to service your messages and also web pages– the mass of your job doesn’t take place in the basic block editor that features WordPress.
– It doesn’t call for any type of HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding skills– everything can be done with a convenient user-facing user interface.
– It services the front end of your internet site, suggesting it reveals you the results of your work immediately in a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ fashion.
– You can use it to develop any type of content format or page layout you can imagine– regardless of what your existing WordPress theme permits you to do.
– And also, most significantly, it works with all WordPress themes, so you can keep your existing layout as well as still get all of the rewards Elementor includes.
Putting everything together, the primary benefit of using Elementor is that you can create excellent web page layouts/designs, even if you’re not an expert nor have any kind of experience with site building.
This is specifically vital if you get on a tight budget as well as don’t want to employ anybody to aid you with the website.
That DIY principle seems to resonate with customers a great deal. At the time of writing, more than three million(!) WordPress websites had Elementor set up and active. That’s a staggering number, and it simply goes to show that Elementor has truly taken the internet by storm.
Allow’s have a look into several of one of the most interesting functions of Elementor’s, one by one:
Attributes and Benefits
First, there’s the major page building capability itself. We’re mosting likely to speak about that in a minute.
There are greater than 90 material elements/modules to choose from– pictures, headings, switches, carousels, counters, development bars, endorsements and even more.
A lot of points work with drag-and-drop– you can take any aspect and relocate to a brand-new place merely by dragging it across the display.
The web pages are all mobile-responsive and SEO-friendly.
There’s a library of pre-made page layouts that can be imported and changed. At the time of creating, there were 150-plus totally free and also 300-plus pro layouts offered. Furthermore, you can save your very own design templates.
If you get on the Pro version of Elementor, you can use the Theme Home builder attribute, which allows you to modify your motif’s core aspects, such as the header, footer, solitary blog post design template, or your blog archives.
Finally, there’s also a totally brand-new WooCommerce Contractor component. It’s similar to Motif Building contractor, but this set enables you to redesign every one of your default WooCommerce web pages, such as your solitary item page or item archive.
As I discussed previously, the core performance of the plugin is to allow you to construct, modify as well as change your pages easily– and afterwards see the end result of that in real-time.
That live preview function suggests you do not need to wonder what your page is mosting likely to appear like when released (which is the common situation with indigenous WordPress pages that are highly theme-dependent).
So, what can you do exactly? Initially, Elementor enables you to make the most of many content elements/modules (greater than 90 of them), which you can place anywhere on the page. You can then reorganize those components with the aforementioned drag-and-drop support.
The available material elements consist of headlines, images, text paragraphs, videos, buttons, dividers, spacers, icons, photo galleries and also carousels, counters, reviews, social media symbols, shortcodes, and also a great deal extra. Also, you reach use whatever widgets you already carry your WordPress website.
Aside from that, Elementor provides you access to present settings. This is where you can alter the backgrounds, margins and also padding values, default colors, fonts, and so on.
In addition to that, there’s a complete alteration background, indicating you can change to a previous variation of the page (in case you messed something up and also do not understand how to repair it).
Last, however certainly not the very least, Elementor gives you full control over what your page appears like on desktop computer, tablet computer as well as mobile.
Making use of those tiny toggles, you can change back and forth between gadgets, as well as readjust the great information to make the page look terrific everywhere.
Okay, to maintain this Elementor review accurate, I need to most likely point out there’s a Pro edition offered too. Yet you do not actually require it to enjoy, say, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– honestly!
The major plugin is readily available via the official WordPress database (get it here). There are no concealed expenses or signups/registrations needed. It simply works!
Currently, about that Pro edition. Given, it does feature some interesting things that power customers will delight in:
50- plus additional web content elements/modules.
300- plus extra page design templates.
Theme Building contractor (the module where you can transform the headers and also footers of your existing motif).
WooCommerce Builder (the module that permits you do rebuild your WooCommerce product pages).
Popup Contractor (a component where you can develop pop-ups as well as have them integrated with either an opt-in type or some special offer/discount).
Aesthetic Kind Building contractor (features assimilations with popular advertising tools).
You can develop International Widgets and then reuse them throughout the site.
Add personalized CSS to any type of Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor components in sidebars and widgets.
Right here’s the present pricing of Elementor Pro:
This is an annual membership, so you also get 24/7 support and also updates as long as you stay subscribed.
So, is Elementor far better than the competitors? Well, that relies on exactly how we take a look at it.
Even though the market of page contractors has grown a lot throughout the years, the two main rivals of Elementor’s are still the same– those are Beaver Builder and Divi Contractor. Therefore, for many people, choosing a page building contractor boils down to choosing between Elementor, Beaver and also Divi.
- Free– $0, yet extremely limited
- Construct as well as organize a site– $89/year. Ideal if you intend to hold a site besides simply developing it.
- Crucial– $49/year. A good option to create a solitary site.
- Professional- $199/year. Suitable for designing approximately 25 sites
- Studio– $499/year and also works well for 100 sites
- Firm– $999/year for 1000 sites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s free. And the majority of new web sites won’t require to upgrade to Pro.
+ It has a remarkable range of functions as well as is easy to use.
+ Once more, the series of attributes that are readily available free of charge is greater than excellent. I feel I need to consist of that on the list two times.
+ It allows you to build personalized web page designs and also styles that may not be readily available in your current style as well as does not need any type of HTML, CSS or PHP skills.
+ Attributes such as inline text editing and also real-time previews give you a true ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ editing user interface.
+ The capability to change your desktop, tablet and also mobile sights separately.
+ There are very comprehensive setups for every one of the placements, margins as well as extra padding values. Actually nothing is outdoors your control.
Cons of Elementor:
– Including personalized styling to links does not constantly go as prepared. You might be stuck to Elementor’s default typography and also shade settings, which may not be what you want.
– If something is misaligned on the page, it’s typically difficult to find the precise margin value that’s the culprit. For instance, you may have a primary block, a column inside it, and after that a content component inside that. Each of them has its own margin settings.