Elementor is a drag-and-drop page home builder plugin for WordPress. This means a couple of things:
– Elementor allows you create original-looking blog posts and also pages that are distinct, compared with the typical post/page design templates that feature your WordPress motif.
– You get a 100% separate interface to work on your posts as well as pages– the mass of your work does not happen in the conventional block editor that includes WordPress.
– It does not need any type of HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding abilities– whatever can be done with a helpful user-facing interface.
– It deals with the front end of your website, suggesting it reveals you the end results of your work immediately in an authentic ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ way.
– You can use it to produce any content design or page layout you can picture– regardless of what your current WordPress theme allows you to do.
– And also, most importantly, it works with all WordPress themes, so you can keep your current design and still get all of the rewards Elementor comes with.
Placing everything together, the major advantage of using Elementor is that you can create excellent web page layouts/designs, even if you’re not a professional neither have any type of experience with website structure.
This is particularly important if you get on a limited budget and also don’t intend to employ any person to aid you with the website.
That DIY concept appears to reverberate with users a whole lot. At the time of composing, greater than 3 million(!) WordPress internet sites had Elementor set up and active. That’s an incredible number, and it just mosts likely to show that Elementor has genuinely taken the internet by storm.
Let’s take a look right into a few of one of the most interesting functions of Elementor’s, individually:
Features and Advantages
First, there’s the primary page building capability itself. We’re going to discuss that soon.
There are greater than 90 web content elements/modules to select from– photos, headings, switches, slide carousels, counters, development bars, endorsements as well as more.
The majority of things work with drag-and-drop– you can take any kind of component and also move it to a brand-new area just by dragging it across the screen.
The pages are all mobile-responsive and SEO-friendly.
There’s a library of pre-made web page design templates that can be imported and also customized. At the time of writing, there were 150-plus totally free and 300-plus professional design templates offered. In addition, you can conserve your own templates.
If you’re on the Pro variation of Elementor, you can make use of the Style Building contractor feature, which enables you to modify your theme’s core components, such as the header, footer, single article design template, or your blog archives.
Last but not least, there’s additionally a totally new WooCommerce Home builder component. It resembles Motif Home builder, but this allows you to renovate all of your default WooCommerce pages, such as your single product page or item archive.
As I stated earlier, the core capability of the plugin is to enable you to build, modify and adjust your pages freely– and then see the end result of that in real-time.
That real-time preview attribute implies you don’t need to question what your page is mosting likely to resemble when released (which is the basic circumstance with native WordPress web pages that are extremely theme-dependent).
So, what can you do specifically? Initially, Elementor enables you to take advantage of lots of material elements/modules (greater than 90 of them), which you can position anywhere on the page. You can after that reposition those components with the abovementioned drag-and-drop support.
The available web content aspects consist of headlines, pictures, message paragraphs, videos, switches, divider panels, spacers, icons, photo galleries as well as slide carousels, counters, reviews, social media symbols, shortcodes, as well as a whole lot more. Likewise, you get to make use of whatever widgets you currently have on your WordPress site.
Aside from that, Elementor offers you access to show settings. This is where you can alter the histories, margins and cushioning values, default colors, typefaces, and more.
On top of that, there’s a complete alteration history, implying you can return to a previous version of the page (in case you messed something up and don’t know just how to fix it).
Last, but certainly not least, Elementor provides you full control over what your web page appears like on desktop, tablet and mobile.
Making use of those tiny toggles, you can change backward and forward between gadgets, as well as adjust the fine details to make the web page look terrific almost everywhere.
It’s totally free.
Okay, to keep this Elementor review accurate, I need to possibly state there’s a Pro edition offered too. However you do not truly require it to enjoy, say, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– honestly!
The main plugin is offered through the official WordPress database (get it below). There are no covert prices or signups/registrations required. It just works!
Currently, regarding that Pro version. Given, it does feature some interesting stuff that power individuals will certainly appreciate:
50- plus additional content elements/modules.
300- plus added web page layouts.
Style Builder (the component where you can change the headers as well as footers of your existing motif).
WooCommerce Contractor (the module that enables you do rebuild your WooCommerce product pages).
Popup Building contractor (a module where you can construct pop-ups as well as have them integrated with either an opt-in kind or some unique offer/discount).
Visual Kind Builder (comes with integrations with popular advertising and marketing tools).
You can produce International Widgets and afterwards recycle them throughout the site.
Add personalized CSS to any type of Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor components in sidebars as well as widgets.
Below’s the present pricing of Elementor Pro:
This is an annual subscription, so you also obtain 24/7 assistance as well as updates as long as you stay subscribed.
So, is Elementor better than the competitors? Well, that depends on exactly how we take a look at it.
Despite the fact that the marketplace of web page home builders has grown a lot for many years, the two primary rivals of Elementor’s are still the exact same– those are Beaver Contractor as well as Divi Contractor. Therefore, for many people, picking a web page contractor comes down to deciding between Elementor, Beaver as well as Divi.
- Free– $0, but highly limited
- Build and hold a site– $89/year. Suitable if you intend to host a website besides simply creating it.
- Vital– $49/year. A great choice to create a single site.
- Specialist- $199/year. Suitable for creating as much as 25 websites
- Workshop– $499/year as well as functions well for 100 sites
- Agency– $999/year for 1000 internet sites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s cost-free. As well as most brand-new websites will not need to update to Pro.
+ It has a phenomenal variety of functions and is easy to use.
+ Once more, the series of features that are available free of cost is more than remarkable. I feel I need to include that on the checklist two times.
+ It allows you to build customized page layouts as well as layouts that might not be available in your present theme and also doesn’t require any HTML, CSS or PHP skills.
+ Functions such as inline text editing and also real-time sneak peeks offer you a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ editing and enhancing user interface.
+ The ability to readjust your desktop, tablet computer as well as mobile views individually.
+ There are very thorough settings for every one of the placements, margins and also padding worths. Literally absolutely nothing is outside your control.
Cons of Elementor:
– Including customized styling to web links doesn’t constantly go as prepared. You may be stuck to Elementor’s default typography and color settings, which might not be what you desire.
– If something is misaligned on the page, it’s frequently difficult to find the precise margin value that’s the offender. As an example, you may have a main block, a column inside it, and afterwards a web content element inside that. Each of them has its own margin settings.