Elementor is a drag-and-drop page builder plugin for WordPress. This suggests a couple of points:
– Elementor lets you produce original-looking blog posts as well as web pages that are special, compared to the basic post/page layouts that feature your WordPress motif.
– You get a 100% separate interface to work on your articles and web pages– the mass of your job doesn’t occur in the typical block editor that includes WordPress.
– It does not require any HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding skills– everything can be done through a convenient user-facing interface.
– It services the front end of your site, implying it reveals you the outcomes of your work as soon as possible in a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ way.
– You can use it to develop any material design or page design you can imagine– no matter what your current WordPress style allows you to do.
– And also, most importantly, it works with all WordPress themes, so you can keep your current layout and also still obtain every one of the goodies Elementor includes.
Putting it all together, the primary advantage of using Elementor is that you can produce excellent page layouts/designs, even if you’re not a specialist nor have any type of experience with website building.
This is especially important if you’re on a limited budget as well as don’t intend to employ any person to aid you with the site.
That do it yourself concept seems to resonate with individuals a whole lot. At the time of creating, more than three million(!) WordPress websites had Elementor installed and active. That’s an astonishing number, and also it simply goes to reveal that Elementor has really taken the internet by storm.
Let’s have a look right into a few of the most fascinating features of Elementor’s, individually:
Features as well as Benefits
First, there’s the major page building functionality itself. We’re going to speak about that in a minute.
There are more than 90 web content elements/modules to pick from– photos, headings, buttons, carousels, counters, development bars, reviews and even more.
Most points collaborate with drag-and-drop– you can take any type of component as well as move it to a new spot just by dragging it throughout the display.
The web pages are all mobile-responsive and SEO-friendly.
There’s a collection of pre-made web page design templates that can be imported as well as modified. At the time of creating, there were 150-plus totally free as well as 300-plus pro themes readily available. In addition, you can conserve your very own design templates.
If you get on the Pro version of Elementor, you can utilize the Motif Building contractor attribute, which enables you to customize your motif’s core aspects, such as the header, footer, solitary blog post theme, or your blog site archives.
Last but not least, there’s additionally a totally brand-new WooCommerce Home builder component. It’s similar to Style Building contractor, but this set enables you to remodel all of your default WooCommerce pages, such as your solitary product page or item archive.
As I discussed earlier, the core functionality of the plugin is to allow you to construct, fine-tune and also change your web pages openly– and after that see the outcome of that in real-time.
That real-time preview feature implies you do not have to question what your web page is going to resemble when released (which is the standard circumstance with native WordPress web pages that are very theme-dependent).
So, what can you do exactly? First, Elementor enables you to capitalize on numerous material elements/modules (more than 90 of them), which you can place anywhere on the web page. You can then rearrange those components with the aforementioned drag-and-drop support.
The offered material elements consist of headlines, pictures, text paragraphs, video clips, buttons, divider panels, spacers, symbols, image galleries as well as slide carousels, counters, testimonies, social networks symbols, shortcodes, and also a great deal much more. Also, you reach utilize whatever widgets you currently have on your WordPress website.
In addition to that, Elementor offers you access to display settings. This is where you can change the backgrounds, margins and padding worths, default shades, fonts, and so on.
In addition to that, there’s a complete modification history, meaning you can revert to a previous variation of the page (in case you messed something up and do not understand just how to repair it).
Last, however absolutely not least, Elementor offers you complete control over what your web page appears like on desktop computer, tablet computer and also mobile.
Making use of those small toggles, you can change back and forth in between tools, and adjust the great information to make the web page look wonderful almost everywhere.
Okay, to maintain this Elementor evaluation valid, I should most likely point out there’s a Pro version available as well. But you don’t actually require it to take pleasure in, state, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– honestly!
The main plugin is offered by means of the main WordPress database (get it here). There are no hidden costs or signups/registrations needed. It just works!
Currently, about that Pro version. Approved, it does feature some fascinating things that power users will enjoy:
50- plus added web content elements/modules.
300- plus extra page themes.
Style Contractor (the component where you can alter the headers as well as footers of your current theme).
WooCommerce Builder (the module that permits you do reconstruct your WooCommerce item pages).
Popup Building contractor (a component where you can construct pop-ups as well as have them integrated with either an opt-in form or some unique offer/discount).
Visual Form Builder (includes integrations with prominent marketing tools).
You can develop Worldwide Widgets and then reuse them throughout the site.
Add personalized CSS to any kind of Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor components in sidebars and widgets.
Right here’s the existing prices of Elementor Pro:
This is an annual registration, so you additionally obtain 24/7 assistance and updates as long as you stay subscribed.
So, is Elementor better than the competition? Well, that depends on how we take a look at it.
Although the marketplace of web page builders has actually grown a great deal for many years, the two primary competitors of Elementor’s are still the exact same– those are Beaver Building Contractor and also Divi Contractor. Hence, for many individuals, selecting a page home builder comes down to deciding between Elementor, Beaver and also Divi.
- Free– $0, but very restricted
- Construct as well as host a site– $89/year. Suitable if you intend to host a website besides just producing it.
- Vital– $49/year. An excellent option to create a solitary site.
- Professional- $199/year. Suitable for developing as much as 25 sites
- Workshop– $499/year and functions well for 100 web sites
- Company– $999/year for 1000 websites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s free. And also many new sites won’t require to upgrade to Pro.
+ It has an exceptional variety of functions as well as is easy to use.
+ Once again, the variety of features that are readily available absolutely free is more than excellent. I feel I should consist of that on the list two times.
+ It permits you to develop custom page layouts and also layouts that might not be offered in your existing motif as well as doesn’t call for any kind of HTML, CSS or PHP skills.
+ Features such as inline text editing as well as real-time sneak peeks provide you a true ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ modifying user interface.
+ The ability to change your desktop, tablet computer and also mobile views independently.
+ There are extremely comprehensive settings for all of the positionings, margins as well as padding values. Essentially nothing is outside your control.
Disadvantages of Elementor:
– Adding custom designing to links does not always go as prepared. You might be stuck to Elementor’s default typography as well as color settings, which may not be what you desire.
– If something is misaligned on the web page, it’s usually hard to situate the precise margin worth that’s the offender. For example, you might have a key block, a column inside it, and afterwards a web content component inside that. Each of them has its very own margin settings.