Elementor is a drag-and-drop web page builder plugin for WordPress. This means a couple of things:
– Elementor lets you produce original-looking posts and pages that are special, compared with the common post/page themes that feature your WordPress theme.
– You get a 100% separate interface to deal with your messages and web pages– the mass of your work doesn’t take place in the typical block editor that comes with WordPress.
– It does not need any HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding skills– whatever can be done via a handy user-facing interface.
– It works on the front end of your web site, indicating it reveals you the outcomes of your work right away in an authentic ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ manner.
– You can utilize it to develop any type of material design or page design you can imagine– regardless of what your current WordPress theme allows you to do.
– And also, most importantly, it deals with all WordPress motifs, so you can maintain your present design as well as still get every one of the goodies Elementor comes with.
Placing it all with each other, the main advantage of using Elementor is that you can produce remarkable web page layouts/designs, even if you’re not a professional nor have any kind of experience with site building.
This is particularly crucial if you’re on a limited budget plan as well as don’t wish to employ anybody to assist you with the site.
That DIY concept appears to resonate with customers a lot. At the time of composing, more than 3 million(!) WordPress sites had actually Elementor set up as well as active. That’s a shocking number, as well as it simply goes to show that Elementor has actually genuinely taken the web by tornado.
Let’s look into a few of the most interesting functions of Elementor’s, one by one:
Features as well as Advantages
First, there’s the primary page structure capability itself. We’re going to speak about that soon.
There are more than 90 content elements/modules to select from– images, headings, switches, slide carousels, counters, progress bars, testimonies and even more.
Many points collaborate with drag-and-drop– you can take any component as well as relocate to a brand-new spot simply by dragging it across the screen.
The web pages are all mobile-responsive and SEO-friendly.
There’s a library of pre-made web page design templates that can be imported and modified. At the time of creating, there were 150-plus totally free as well as 300-plus professional themes readily available. In addition, you can save your very own templates.
If you’re on the Pro variation of Elementor, you can utilize the Theme Contractor function, which allows you to modify your style’s core aspects, such as the header, footer, single message design template, or your blog archives.
Lastly, there’s likewise a completely new WooCommerce Contractor module. It resembles Style Home builder, however this one permits you to renovate every one of your default WooCommerce web pages, such as your single product page or product archive.
As I mentioned previously, the core performance of the plugin is to allow you to build, modify and adjust your web pages easily– and then see the end result of that in real-time.
That live preview feature implies you do not have to question what your web page is going to look like when published (which is the typical scenario with indigenous WordPress web pages that are very theme-dependent).
So, what can you do precisely? First, Elementor allows you to make use of several content elements/modules (greater than 90 of them), which you can place anywhere on the web page. You can then reorganize those components with the abovementioned drag-and-drop support.
The available material aspects consist of headlines, images, message paragraphs, video clips, switches, dividers, spacers, icons, picture galleries and also carousels, counters, endorsements, social media sites symbols, shortcodes, as well as a whole lot extra. Also, you get to utilize whatever widgets you currently have on your WordPress website.
Apart from that, Elementor gives you accessibility to present setups. This is where you can alter the backgrounds, margins and padding values, default colors, font styles, and so forth.
In addition to that, there’s a full modification history, suggesting you can go back to a previous version of the web page (in case you messed something up and also do not recognize how to fix it).
Last, however absolutely not least, Elementor provides you complete control over what your web page appears like on desktop, tablet computer and also mobile.
Making use of those small toggles, you can switch backward and forward in between gadgets, and also change the fine details to make the web page look great all over.
Okay, to maintain this Elementor evaluation valid, I should probably mention there’s a Pro version offered too. However you don’t really need it to delight in, claim, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– truthfully!
The primary plugin is offered via the official WordPress database (get it here). There are no covert costs or signups/registrations needed. It just works!
Now, concerning that Pro edition. Approved, it does feature some intriguing things that power users will certainly delight in:
50- plus extra content elements/modules.
300- plus additional page templates.
Style Contractor (the module where you can alter the headers as well as footers of your current motif).
WooCommerce Builder (the component that permits you do rebuild your WooCommerce item pages).
Popup Home builder (a component where you can construct pop-ups as well as have them integrated with either an opt-in type or some unique offer/discount).
Visual Type Home builder (comes with assimilations with preferred advertising and marketing tools).
You can develop International Widgets and after that reuse them throughout the website.
Add customized CSS to any type of Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor components in sidebars and widgets.
Below’s the existing rates of Elementor Pro:
This is an annual membership, so you also get 24/7 support and also updates as long as you stay subscribed.
So, is Elementor better than the competition? Well, that depends upon exactly how we look at it.
Although the marketplace of page contractors has actually grown a great deal throughout the years, the two primary competitors of Elementor’s are still the same– those are Beaver Builder and also Divi Contractor. Therefore, for many people, picking a web page builder comes down to choosing between Elementor, Beaver as well as Divi.
- Free– $0, but highly restricted
- Develop and host a site– $89/year. Ideal if you intend to host a website besides simply producing it.
- Necessary– $49/year. An excellent option to make a single internet site.
- Specialist- $199/year. Suitable for developing up to 25 websites
- Workshop– $499/year and functions well for 100 internet sites
- Company– $999/year for 1000 web sites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s free. As well as many brand-new web sites won’t need to upgrade to Pro.
+ It has an extraordinary range of attributes as well as is easy to use.
+ Once more, the series of functions that are readily available completely free is greater than outstanding. I feel I ought to include that on the listing two times.
+ It permits you to build custom-made web page designs and layouts that may not be readily available in your present theme as well as doesn’t call for any kind of HTML, CSS or PHP skills.
+ Features such as inline text editing as well as real-time sneak peeks offer you a true ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ editing interface.
+ The capability to change your desktop computer, tablet computer as well as mobile views individually.
+ There are extremely detailed settings for all of the placements, margins as well as padding worths. Essentially absolutely nothing is outdoors your control.
Disadvantages of Elementor:
– Including customized styling to links does not constantly go as planned. You might be stuck to Elementor’s default typography and also color settings, which might not be what you want.
– If something is misaligned on the page, it’s frequently difficult to find the exact margin value that’s the culprit. As an example, you might have a primary block, a column inside it, and after that a material aspect inside that. Each of them has its own margin setups.