Elementor is a drag-and-drop page builder plugin for WordPress. This suggests a number of things:
– Elementor lets you produce original-looking blog posts as well as web pages that are unique, compared to the conventional post/page layouts that come with your WordPress motif.
– You obtain a 100% different interface to service your messages and web pages– the mass of your job does not occur in the standard block editor that features WordPress.
– It does not need any type of HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding skills– everything can be done via a convenient user-facing user interface.
– It works with the front end of your site, meaning it shows you the end results of your job right now in a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ fashion.
– You can utilize it to produce any content layout or page design you can think of– no matter what your present WordPress theme enables you to do.
– And, most notably, it collaborates with all WordPress styles, so you can keep your current style and also still get all of the rewards Elementor comes with.
Placing it all with each other, the major benefit of using Elementor is that you can develop excellent web page layouts/designs, even if you’re not a professional nor have any type of experience with site building.
This is particularly crucial if you get on a tight spending plan as well as do not want to hire anybody to aid you with the website.
That DIY concept seems to reverberate with individuals a great deal. At the time of composing, more than 3 million(!) WordPress websites had Elementor set up as well as energetic. That’s an incredible number, and also it simply goes to reveal that Elementor has actually genuinely taken the internet by storm.
Let’s take a look right into a few of the most fascinating functions of Elementor’s, one by one:
Features and Benefits
First, there’s the primary page building capability itself. We’re mosting likely to discuss that soon.
There are more than 90 content elements/modules to choose from– photos, headings, buttons, carousels, counters, development bars, testimonials and even more.
Many things work with drag-and-drop– you can take any type of element and move it to a brand-new place just by dragging it across the screen.
The pages are all mobile-responsive as well as SEO-friendly.
There’s a library of pre-made page templates that can be imported as well as changed. At the time of composing, there were 150-plus cost-free as well as 300-plus pro templates offered. Furthermore, you can conserve your own design templates.
If you’re on the Pro variation of Elementor, you can make use of the Style Contractor feature, which enables you to modify your theme’s core aspects, such as the header, footer, solitary post layout, or your blog site archives.
Lastly, there’s additionally a totally new WooCommerce Builder component. It resembles Theme Building contractor, yet this enables you to redo every one of your default WooCommerce web pages, such as your single product web page or product archive.
As I pointed out earlier, the core functionality of the plugin is to allow you to develop, tweak as well as change your pages freely– and afterwards see the result of that in real-time.
That live sneak peek attribute implies you don’t have to question what your web page is going to look like when published (which is the basic circumstance with indigenous WordPress web pages that are extremely theme-dependent).
So, what can you do specifically? First, Elementor enables you to benefit from several material elements/modules (more than 90 of them), which you can place anywhere on the web page. You can after that reposition those elements with the previously mentioned drag-and-drop support.
The readily available material aspects consist of headings, photos, message paragraphs, videos, switches, divider panels, spacers, icons, image galleries as well as slide carousels, counters, testimonials, social networks icons, shortcodes, and also a great deal more. Additionally, you get to use whatever widgets you already carry your WordPress website.
Apart from that, Elementor provides you accessibility to show settings. This is where you can change the backgrounds, margins and also cushioning worths, default colors, fonts, and so forth.
On top of that, there’s a full alteration background, meaning you can change to a previous version of the web page (in case you messed something up and also do not recognize exactly how to fix it).
Last, but certainly not least, Elementor provides you full control over what your web page looks like on desktop, tablet and mobile.
Utilizing those small toggles, you can change back and forth between gadgets, as well as adjust the great details to make the page appearance excellent anywhere.
Okay, to keep this Elementor review factual, I must possibly state there’s a Pro version available as well. But you don’t actually need it to appreciate, state, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– truthfully!
The main plugin is offered through the official WordPress repository (get it below). There are no covert expenses or signups/registrations needed. It simply works!
Now, regarding that Pro version. Given, it does include some interesting things that power customers will appreciate:
50- plus additional web content elements/modules.
300- plus added page layouts.
Theme Contractor (the component where you can alter the headers and also footers of your present motif).
WooCommerce Building contractor (the module that allows you do reconstruct your WooCommerce item pages).
Popup Home builder (a component where you can construct pop-ups and also have them integrated with either an opt-in form or some unique offer/discount).
Aesthetic Kind Building contractor (includes integrations with preferred advertising and marketing devices).
You can create Global Widgets and afterwards recycle them throughout the website.
Include custom-made CSS to any kind of Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor elements in sidebars and also widgets.
Right here’s the present pricing of Elementor Pro:
This is an annual registration, so you additionally obtain 24/7 support and also updates as long as you stay subscribed.
So, is Elementor much better than the competition? Well, that relies on exactly how we check out it.
Even though the market of page home builders has actually grown a lot throughout the years, both major rivals of Elementor’s are still the exact same– those are Beaver Building Contractor and also Divi Home Builder. Thus, for many individuals, picking a web page building contractor comes down to determining in between Elementor, Beaver and also Divi.
- Free– $0, but extremely limited
- Develop and also host a website– $89/year. Suitable if you wish to organize a site besides just developing it.
- Essential– $49/year. A great choice to develop a single site.
- Expert- $199/year. Suitable for developing approximately 25 websites
- Workshop– $499/year and functions well for 100 web sites
- Company– $999/year for 1000 websites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s free. And many brand-new websites will not require to upgrade to Pro.
+ It has an exceptional series of attributes and also is easy to use.
+ Once again, the variety of functions that are offered free of cost is greater than impressive. I feel I should include that on the list two times.
+ It permits you to build customized web page layouts and also styles that might not be offered in your existing theme and also does not call for any kind of HTML, CSS or PHP skills.
+ Functions such as inline text editing as well as real-time previews provide you a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ editing and enhancing interface.
+ The capacity to readjust your desktop, tablet as well as mobile views individually.
+ There are really thorough setups for every one of the placements, margins as well as cushioning values. Essentially nothing is outside your control.
Disadvantages of Elementor:
– Adding personalized styling to web links does not always go as intended. You might be stuck to Elementor’s default typography as well as color settings, which might not be what you want.
– If something is misaligned on the page, it’s frequently difficult to find the specific margin value that’s the offender. As an example, you may have a key block, a column inside it, and after that a content element inside that. Each of them has its very own margin setups.