Elementor is a drag-and-drop web page building contractor plugin for WordPress. This means a couple of things:
– Elementor allows you produce original-looking blog posts as well as web pages that are one-of-a-kind, compared to the typical post/page themes that include your WordPress theme.
– You get a 100% different interface to work on your articles and web pages– the bulk of your work does not happen in the common block editor that features WordPress.
– It doesn’t require any type of HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding skills– everything can be done through an useful user-facing user interface.
– It works with the front end of your website, meaning it reveals you the results of your job as soon as possible in an authentic ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ way.
– You can utilize it to create any type of material format or page format you can imagine– despite what your existing WordPress theme allows you to do.
– As well as, most importantly, it deals with all WordPress themes, so you can maintain your present layout and still get every one of the goodies Elementor includes.
Putting everything together, the primary benefit of using Elementor is that you can produce impressive page layouts/designs, even if you’re not an expert neither have any type of experience with site structure.
This is particularly vital if you get on a tight budget plan as well as do not want to hire anybody to help you with the site.
That DIY principle seems to reverberate with individuals a lot. At the time of writing, more than 3 million(!) WordPress sites had Elementor installed and also active. That’s a staggering number, and it just goes to show that Elementor has absolutely taken the internet by storm.
Let’s have a look into a few of the most intriguing attributes of Elementor’s, one by one:
Attributes as well as Benefits
First, there’s the major page structure functionality itself. We’re going to talk about that in a minute.
There are greater than 90 content elements/modules to pick from– pictures, headings, switches, carousels, counters, progression bars, endorsements as well as more.
Most things deal with drag-and-drop– you can take any kind of element and relocate to a brand-new place just by dragging it throughout the screen.
The web pages are all mobile-responsive and SEO-friendly.
There’s a library of pre-made web page layouts that can be imported and also modified. At the time of writing, there were 150-plus cost-free and also 300-plus professional themes available. Additionally, you can save your very own templates.
If you’re on the Pro variation of Elementor, you can use the Style Contractor function, which enables you to customize your theme’s core aspects, such as the header, footer, solitary message theme, or your blog archives.
Finally, there’s likewise a completely new WooCommerce Building contractor component. It’s similar to Style Builder, however this set allows you to redo all of your default WooCommerce pages, such as your solitary item web page or product archive.
As I discussed earlier, the core functionality of the plugin is to allow you to construct, tweak as well as readjust your web pages openly– and afterwards see the end result of that in real-time.
That live sneak peek feature suggests you do not have to question what your web page is going to resemble when published (which is the basic circumstance with indigenous WordPress pages that are extremely theme-dependent).
So, what can you do specifically? First, Elementor permits you to take advantage of numerous material elements/modules (more than 90 of them), which you can position anywhere on the page. You can then reorganize those components with the aforementioned drag-and-drop support.
The available content components consist of headings, images, message paragraphs, video clips, buttons, dividers, spacers, icons, photo galleries and also slide carousels, counters, reviews, social media sites symbols, shortcodes, and also a great deal a lot more. Additionally, you get to use whatever widgets you already carry your WordPress website.
Apart from that, Elementor offers you accessibility to show settings. This is where you can transform the backgrounds, margins as well as padding values, default colors, font styles, and so forth.
On top of that, there’s a full modification background, suggesting you can go back to a previous version of the web page (in case you messed something up as well as don’t know how to fix it).
Last, but certainly not least, Elementor offers you complete control over what your web page looks like on desktop computer, tablet computer and mobile.
Using those small toggles, you can change back and forth between devices, and readjust the great information to make the page appearance fantastic everywhere.
It’s totally free.
Okay, to keep this Elementor review accurate, I should possibly point out there’s a Pro version available also. However you don’t actually require it to appreciate, say, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– honestly!
The primary plugin is offered through the main WordPress repository (get it here). There are no concealed prices or signups/registrations needed. It just works!
Currently, regarding that Pro version. Granted, it does feature some intriguing stuff that power users will certainly enjoy:
50- plus additional material elements/modules.
300- plus additional page themes.
Theme Builder (the component where you can alter the headers and also footers of your existing motif).
WooCommerce Building contractor (the component that allows you do rebuild your WooCommerce item pages).
Popup Home builder (a module where you can develop pop-ups as well as have them incorporated with either an opt-in type or some special offer/discount).
Visual Kind Contractor (comes with assimilations with prominent advertising devices).
You can produce International Widgets and after that recycle them throughout the website.
Add custom-made CSS to any kind of Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor aspects in sidebars and also widgets.
Below’s the current rates of Elementor Pro:
This is an annual registration, so you likewise obtain 24/7 support as well as updates as long as you stay subscribed.
So, is Elementor much better than the competitors? Well, that relies on just how we take a look at it.
Although the marketplace of page builders has grown a great deal over the years, both major rivals of Elementor’s are still the same– those are Beaver Contractor and Divi Contractor. Therefore, for many people, picking a page home builder boils down to choosing in between Elementor, Beaver as well as Divi.
- Free– $0, but highly limited
- Build and organize a site– $89/year. Suitable if you wish to host a site besides just producing it.
- Vital– $49/year. A great choice to design a single site.
- Specialist- $199/year. Suitable for making up to 25 sites
- Studio– $499/year and also works well for 100 internet sites
- Agency– $999/year for 1000 internet sites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s cost-free. And most brand-new web sites won’t require to upgrade to Pro.
+ It has an outstanding range of functions as well as is easy to use.
+ Once more, the variety of functions that are offered free of cost is greater than excellent. I feel I should include that on the listing twice.
+ It allows you to construct custom page formats and designs that might not be readily available in your current motif and doesn’t call for any kind of HTML, CSS or PHP skills.
+ Functions such as inline text editing as well as real-time sneak peeks offer you a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ editing and enhancing user interface.
+ The capacity to readjust your desktop computer, tablet as well as mobile sights independently.
+ There are really in-depth settings for all of the alignments, margins and also padding worths. Actually nothing is outside your control.
Disadvantages of Elementor:
– Adding custom styling to links does not always go as prepared. You may be stuck with Elementor’s default typography and shade setups, which might not be what you want.
– If something is misaligned on the page, it’s typically hard to situate the specific margin worth that’s the wrongdoer. As an example, you may have a main block, a column inside it, and afterwards a content component inside that. Each of them has its own margin setups.