Elementor is a drag-and-drop page builder plugin for WordPress. This means a couple of things:
– Elementor lets you develop original-looking blog posts and also web pages that are one-of-a-kind, compared to the common post/page layouts that come with your WordPress theme.
– You obtain a 100% different user interface to deal with your blog posts and web pages– the bulk of your work doesn’t occur in the basic block editor that includes WordPress.
– It does not require any type of HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding abilities– whatever can be done through an useful user-facing user interface.
– It works on the front end of your internet site, meaning it reveals you the results of your job right away in a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ fashion.
– You can utilize it to develop any kind of material design or page design you can imagine– despite what your current WordPress motif allows you to do.
– And, most significantly, it works with all WordPress styles, so you can maintain your current layout as well as still obtain all of the rewards Elementor comes with.
Putting it all with each other, the main benefit of using Elementor is that you can create outstanding page layouts/designs, even if you’re not a specialist neither have any experience with website building.
This is especially crucial if you’re on a tight budget as well as don’t want to hire anyone to help you with the website.
That do it yourself concept appears to reverberate with users a whole lot. At the time of composing, more than 3 million(!) WordPress internet sites had actually Elementor set up as well as active. That’s an astonishing number, as well as it simply mosts likely to reveal that Elementor has genuinely taken the web by storm.
Let’s have a look right into some of one of the most interesting attributes of Elementor’s, one at a time:
Features and Advantages
First, there’s the main web page structure capability itself. We’re going to talk about that in a minute.
There are more than 90 content elements/modules to select from– images, headings, switches, slide carousels, counters, progression bars, endorsements as well as more.
The majority of points deal with drag-and-drop– you can take any aspect as well as move it to a brand-new place simply by dragging it throughout the screen.
The web pages are all mobile-responsive and SEO-friendly.
There’s a collection of pre-made web page templates that can be imported and also modified. At the time of composing, there were 150-plus cost-free as well as 300-plus professional design templates offered. In addition, you can conserve your very own design templates.
If you’re on the Pro variation of Elementor, you can utilize the Style Building contractor feature, which allows you to customize your motif’s core aspects, such as the header, footer, single message theme, or your blog site archives.
Finally, there’s likewise a completely brand-new WooCommerce Home builder module. It’s similar to Motif Builder, but this allows you to redesign every one of your default WooCommerce web pages, such as your single product web page or item archive.
As I pointed out earlier, the core functionality of the plugin is to allow you to construct, fine-tune and also change your web pages freely– and after that see the result of that in real-time.
That real-time preview attribute indicates you do not have to wonder what your web page is going to resemble when published (which is the conventional situation with indigenous WordPress web pages that are very theme-dependent).
So, what can you do exactly? Initially, Elementor allows you to make use of numerous material elements/modules (greater than 90 of them), which you can place anywhere on the web page. You can then rearrange those components with the abovementioned drag-and-drop support.
The offered web content aspects consist of headings, photos, message paragraphs, videos, buttons, divider panels, spacers, icons, picture galleries and slide carousels, counters, testimonials, social networks icons, shortcodes, as well as a whole lot a lot more. Also, you get to make use of whatever widgets you currently carry your WordPress website.
In addition to that, Elementor gives you access to display setups. This is where you can transform the backgrounds, margins and also padding values, default shades, font styles, and more.
On top of that, there’s a complete revision history, indicating you can change to a previous variation of the web page (in case you messed something up and also don’t understand exactly how to fix it).
Last, yet certainly not least, Elementor gives you full control over what your page appears like on desktop computer, tablet and mobile.
Using those little toggles, you can switch over back and forth between devices, and also change the great information to make the web page appearance excellent everywhere.
Okay, to maintain this Elementor testimonial factual, I should probably discuss there’s a Pro version offered as well. Yet you don’t actually require it to delight in, state, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– honestly!
The major plugin is readily available via the official WordPress database (get it below). There are no concealed prices or signups/registrations needed. It simply functions!
Currently, concerning that Pro edition. Approved, it does include some intriguing stuff that power individuals will certainly enjoy:
50- plus additional material elements/modules.
300- plus additional web page design templates.
Style Contractor (the component where you can alter the headers and footers of your existing theme).
WooCommerce Contractor (the module that enables you do reconstruct your WooCommerce product pages).
Popup Contractor (a module where you can develop pop-ups as well as have them integrated with either an opt-in type or some unique offer/discount).
Aesthetic Type Building contractor (comes with combinations with popular advertising and marketing devices).
You can produce Global Widgets and then reuse them throughout the website.
Add personalized CSS to any Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor aspects in sidebars and widgets.
Here’s the current pricing of Elementor Pro:
This is an annual membership, so you likewise obtain 24/7 assistance as well as updates as long as you stay subscribed.
So, is Elementor far better than the competitors? Well, that depends on how we check out it.
Even though the market of page home builders has expanded a great deal over the years, the two main competitors of Elementor’s are still the exact same– those are Beaver Contractor as well as Divi Contractor. Hence, for many individuals, selecting a page contractor comes down to choosing in between Elementor, Beaver and Divi.
- Free– $0, but highly limited
- Build as well as organize a site– $89/year. Suitable if you want to host a site besides just developing it.
- Vital– $49/year. An excellent choice to develop a single web site.
- Specialist- $199/year. Perfect for creating as much as 25 websites
- Workshop– $499/year and also functions well for 100 sites
- Company– $999/year for 1000 internet sites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s free. And also the majority of brand-new internet sites won’t require to upgrade to Pro.
+ It has an exceptional range of attributes as well as is easy to use.
+ Once more, the series of attributes that are available free of charge is greater than remarkable. I feel I need to consist of that on the checklist twice.
+ It allows you to build customized web page layouts and styles that might not be readily available in your present motif as well as does not call for any kind of HTML, CSS or PHP skills.
+ Features such as inline text editing and real-time sneak peeks offer you a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ editing and enhancing interface.
+ The capability to change your desktop, tablet computer and also mobile views independently.
+ There are extremely comprehensive settings for all of the placements, margins as well as cushioning worths. Actually absolutely nothing is outside your control.
Cons of Elementor:
– Adding customized styling to web links does not always go as prepared. You might be stuck to Elementor’s default typography and color setups, which might not be what you want.
– If something is misaligned on the page, it’s typically tough to locate the exact margin worth that’s the perpetrator. As an example, you may have a key block, a column inside it, and after that a material component inside that. Each of them has its very own margin setups.