Elementor is a drag-and-drop page builder plugin for WordPress. This means a couple of things:
– Elementor lets you produce original-looking messages as well as web pages that are distinct, compared to the conventional post/page templates that come with your WordPress motif.
– You obtain a 100% different interface to work with your articles as well as pages– the mass of your job does not happen in the common block editor that comes with WordPress.
– It does not require any type of HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding skills– whatever can be done through a convenient user-facing user interface.
– It services the front end of your website, meaning it shows you the outcomes of your job as soon as possible in an authentic ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ way.
– You can use it to create any kind of content format or page format you can imagine– no matter what your current WordPress theme permits you to do.
– And, most significantly, it deals with all WordPress motifs, so you can keep your existing layout as well as still obtain all of the rewards Elementor includes.
Placing it all with each other, the main advantage of using Elementor is that you can produce remarkable web page layouts/designs, even if you’re not an expert nor have any type of experience with website structure.
This is specifically vital if you’re on a limited spending plan and don’t wish to hire any individual to aid you with the site.
That DIY concept seems to resonate with customers a whole lot. At the time of writing, greater than 3 million(!) WordPress websites had Elementor set up and also active. That’s a shocking number, and it just goes to reveal that Elementor has genuinely taken the internet by tornado.
Allow’s have a look into several of one of the most interesting functions of Elementor’s, one by one:
Features as well as Advantages
First, there’s the major page building capability itself. We’re mosting likely to speak about that soon.
There are more than 90 content elements/modules to select from– images, headings, switches, carousels, counters, progress bars, testimonials and also even more.
Many things deal with drag-and-drop– you can take any type of element and also relocate to a new spot simply by dragging it throughout the screen.
The web pages are all mobile-responsive and also SEO-friendly.
There’s a library of pre-made web page design templates that can be imported and changed. At the time of composing, there were 150-plus complimentary and also 300-plus professional templates readily available. In addition, you can save your very own templates.
If you’re on the Pro version of Elementor, you can utilize the Theme Builder feature, which enables you to customize your motif’s core components, such as the header, footer, single article design template, or your blog archives.
Lastly, there’s also an entirely brand-new WooCommerce Contractor component. It resembles Theme Building contractor, yet this set permits you to redesign all of your default WooCommerce web pages, such as your solitary product page or item archive.
As I stated previously, the core performance of the plugin is to permit you to develop, fine-tune and readjust your web pages openly– and then see the outcome of that in real-time.
That live preview attribute suggests you do not need to wonder what your page is going to resemble when published (which is the basic situation with native WordPress pages that are highly theme-dependent).
So, what can you do specifically? First, Elementor enables you to capitalize on many content elements/modules (more than 90 of them), which you can position anywhere on the page. You can then reposition those components with the aforementioned drag-and-drop assistance.
The available web content components include headings, pictures, text paragraphs, videos, buttons, dividers, spacers, icons, image galleries and also slide carousels, counters, testimonies, social media symbols, shortcodes, as well as a great deal much more. Likewise, you get to make use of whatever widgets you already have on your WordPress website.
Apart from that, Elementor provides you access to show setups. This is where you can transform the backgrounds, margins and also extra padding worths, default colors, fonts, and more.
In addition to that, there’s a full revision background, meaning you can return to a previous version of the web page (in case you messed something up as well as don’t understand just how to fix it).
Last, but definitely not the very least, Elementor offers you complete control over what your page looks like on desktop computer, tablet computer as well as mobile.
Using those tiny toggles, you can switch over to and fro in between gadgets, and also change the fine information to make the web page look fantastic all over.
Okay, to keep this Elementor testimonial valid, I need to probably discuss there’s a Pro edition available as well. Yet you do not truly need it to delight in, say, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– truthfully!
The primary plugin is readily available by means of the main WordPress database (get it right here). There are no concealed prices or signups/registrations required. It just works!
Currently, about that Pro edition. Provided, it does feature some fascinating stuff that power customers will enjoy:
50- plus extra material elements/modules.
300- plus additional web page templates.
Style Home builder (the component where you can alter the headers and footers of your existing theme).
WooCommerce Building contractor (the module that enables you do reconstruct your WooCommerce product web pages).
Popup Home builder (a component where you can construct pop-ups and have them integrated with either an opt-in kind or some unique offer/discount).
Aesthetic Kind Contractor (includes integrations with popular advertising and marketing tools).
You can create International Widgets and after that reuse them throughout the website.
Add custom-made CSS to any kind of Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor components in sidebars and widgets.
Right here’s the current prices of Elementor Pro:
This is a yearly membership, so you also get 24/7 support and also updates as long as you stay subscribed.
So, is Elementor much better than the competition? Well, that relies on how we consider it.
Although the marketplace of page contractors has actually expanded a lot over the years, both major rivals of Elementor’s are still the very same– those are Beaver Contractor as well as Divi Building Contractor. Hence, for many individuals, choosing a page home builder comes down to choosing in between Elementor, Beaver and also Divi.
- Free– $0, yet very limited
- Construct and host a website– $89/year. Suitable if you want to organize a website besides just developing it.
- Necessary– $49/year. A good selection to make a single internet site.
- Specialist- $199/year. Perfect for creating approximately 25 websites
- Studio– $499/year and also functions well for 100 websites
- Company– $999/year for 1000 websites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s cost-free. And also many brand-new internet sites will not need to upgrade to Pro.
+ It has a remarkable range of features as well as is easy to use.
+ Once more, the range of features that are available completely free is greater than excellent. I feel I must include that on the list two times.
+ It enables you to develop customized web page designs and designs that might not be available in your present theme and does not call for any type of HTML, CSS or PHP abilities.
+ Attributes such as inline text editing as well as real-time previews offer you a true ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ modifying interface.
+ The ability to readjust your desktop computer, tablet as well as mobile sights independently.
+ There are very in-depth settings for all of the alignments, margins and extra padding worths. Literally nothing is outdoors your control.
Disadvantages of Elementor:
– Including custom-made designing to web links does not always go as intended. You may be stuck with Elementor’s default typography and color setups, which may not be what you want.
– If something is misaligned on the page, it’s often difficult to find the precise margin value that’s the offender. For example, you might have a primary block, a column inside it, and after that a web content element inside that. Each of them has its own margin settings.