Elementor is a drag-and-drop page builder plugin for WordPress. This means a couple of things:
– Elementor lets you create original-looking messages and also pages that are distinct, compared with the conventional post/page layouts that come with your WordPress motif.
– You obtain a 100% separate user interface to work with your blog posts as well as pages– the bulk of your work doesn’t happen in the typical block editor that includes WordPress.
– It doesn’t need any HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding skills– everything can be done with a convenient user-facing user interface.
– It services the front end of your web site, indicating it reveals you the outcomes of your job right now in an authentic ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ fashion.
– You can utilize it to develop any type of content format or page format you can imagine– despite what your current WordPress theme permits you to do.
– As well as, most notably, it collaborates with all WordPress themes, so you can keep your current design and also still get all of the goodies Elementor includes.
Putting it all with each other, the primary benefit of using Elementor is that you can create impressive page layouts/designs, even if you’re not an expert neither have any kind of experience with site building.
This is especially vital if you get on a limited spending plan as well as don’t intend to work with any individual to help you with the website.
That DIY principle seems to resonate with customers a whole lot. At the time of writing, greater than three million(!) WordPress sites had actually Elementor set up and also active. That’s an astonishing number, as well as it just goes to show that Elementor has actually genuinely taken the internet by tornado.
Let’s have a look into several of the most fascinating attributes of Elementor’s, one by one:
Functions and Benefits
First, there’s the primary page building functionality itself. We’re mosting likely to talk about that in a minute.
There are greater than 90 content elements/modules to choose from– photos, headings, switches, carousels, counters, development bars, testimonials and also more.
A lot of points work with drag-and-drop– you can take any type of element and move it to a brand-new spot just by dragging it across the screen.
The pages are all mobile-responsive and also SEO-friendly.
There’s a collection of pre-made page themes that can be imported as well as changed. At the time of creating, there were 150-plus free and also 300-plus professional layouts readily available. In addition, you can conserve your very own layouts.
If you get on the Pro variation of Elementor, you can use the Theme Home builder function, which allows you to modify your theme’s core components, such as the header, footer, single post layout, or your blog archives.
Lastly, there’s additionally an entirely brand-new WooCommerce Contractor module. It’s similar to Motif Home builder, however this enables you to redo all of your default WooCommerce web pages, such as your single product web page or product archive.
As I pointed out earlier, the core functionality of the plugin is to allow you to construct, fine-tune and adjust your pages easily– and after that see the result of that in real-time.
That live preview function implies you don’t have to wonder what your page is mosting likely to look like when released (which is the basic situation with indigenous WordPress web pages that are highly theme-dependent).
So, what can you do precisely? First, Elementor allows you to capitalize on several material elements/modules (greater than 90 of them), which you can place anywhere on the page. You can after that reposition those components with the aforementioned drag-and-drop support.
The readily available material elements include headlines, pictures, text paragraphs, videos, switches, divider panels, spacers, icons, photo galleries and slide carousels, counters, testimonies, social media symbols, shortcodes, and also a whole lot a lot more. Likewise, you reach utilize whatever widgets you already have on your WordPress website.
Besides that, Elementor offers you access to present settings. This is where you can transform the histories, margins and extra padding values, default shades, font styles, and so on.
In addition to that, there’s a full alteration background, meaning you can revert to a previous variation of the web page (in case you messed something up as well as do not know how to repair it).
Last, however certainly not least, Elementor gives you complete control over what your web page looks like on desktop computer, tablet and also mobile.
Using those little toggles, you can change to and fro between devices, and readjust the fine details to make the web page appearance fantastic everywhere.
Okay, to keep this Elementor evaluation accurate, I should possibly mention there’s a Pro edition available also. But you do not really need it to appreciate, claim, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– honestly!
The major plugin is readily available through the official WordPress repository (get it here). There are no covert expenses or signups/registrations required. It just works!
Now, regarding that Pro version. Granted, it does feature some interesting stuff that power customers will certainly appreciate:
50- plus extra web content elements/modules.
300- plus added page layouts.
Motif Builder (the component where you can change the headers as well as footers of your existing theme).
WooCommerce Contractor (the component that permits you do rebuild your WooCommerce item web pages).
Popup Building contractor (a module where you can develop pop-ups as well as have them incorporated with either an opt-in type or some unique offer/discount).
Visual Form Building contractor (comes with combinations with popular advertising and marketing tools).
You can create International Widgets and then recycle them throughout the site.
Include personalized CSS to any type of Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor elements in sidebars and widgets.
Below’s the existing pricing of Elementor Pro:
This is an annual subscription, so you likewise get 24/7 support and also updates as long as you stay subscribed.
So, is Elementor much better than the competition? Well, that relies on exactly how we consider it.
Even though the marketplace of web page builders has actually expanded a great deal for many years, the two major competitors of Elementor’s are still the same– those are Beaver Builder and Divi Home Builder. Thus, for many individuals, picking a web page contractor boils down to choosing in between Elementor, Beaver as well as Divi.
- Free– $0, but highly restricted
- Construct as well as hold a website– $89/year. Suitable if you wish to host a website besides simply creating it.
- Vital– $49/year. An excellent option to make a solitary internet site.
- Professional- $199/year. Suitable for creating as much as 25 sites
- Workshop– $499/year and works well for 100 websites
- Company– $999/year for 1000 sites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s complimentary. And a lot of new web sites won’t need to upgrade to Pro.
+ It has a remarkable series of features as well as is easy to use.
+ Again, the variety of attributes that are offered for free is more than outstanding. I feel I ought to include that on the list two times.
+ It permits you to develop customized page layouts and styles that might not be offered in your present theme and doesn’t call for any type of HTML, CSS or PHP abilities.
+ Features such as inline text editing and also real-time sneak peeks give you a true ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ modifying interface.
+ The capability to change your desktop, tablet computer as well as mobile sights individually.
+ There are extremely detailed setups for all of the positionings, margins and cushioning values. Literally absolutely nothing is outside your control.
Disadvantages of Elementor:
– Adding custom-made styling to web links does not constantly go as intended. You might be stuck with Elementor’s default typography as well as color setups, which may not be what you desire.
– If something is misaligned on the web page, it’s often hard to find the precise margin value that’s the culprit. For instance, you might have a key block, a column inside it, and afterwards a content element inside that. Each of them has its very own margin settings.