Elementor is a drag-and-drop web page home builder plugin for WordPress. This indicates a couple of things:
– Elementor lets you produce original-looking blog posts as well as pages that are one-of-a-kind, compared with the typical post/page layouts that include your WordPress theme.
– You get a 100% separate user interface to deal with your articles and pages– the mass of your job does not take place in the conventional block editor that features WordPress.
– It doesn’t need any HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding skills– every little thing can be done via a helpful user-facing interface.
– It deals with the front end of your web site, implying it shows you the end results of your work immediately in an authentic ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ manner.
– You can use it to produce any kind of material format or web page design you can envision– regardless of what your current WordPress style permits you to do.
– As well as, most significantly, it collaborates with all WordPress themes, so you can maintain your present style and also still get every one of the goodies Elementor features.
Putting all of it together, the major benefit of using Elementor is that you can produce excellent page layouts/designs, even if you’re not a specialist neither have any type of experience with site structure.
This is particularly crucial if you get on a tight budget plan and also do not want to hire any individual to assist you with the website.
That do it yourself principle appears to reverberate with customers a lot. At the time of composing, more than 3 million(!) WordPress websites had Elementor mounted and also active. That’s an astonishing number, as well as it just mosts likely to reveal that Elementor has really taken the web by tornado.
Allow’s look into some of the most fascinating features of Elementor’s, one by one:
Functions and Benefits
First, there’s the major page building performance itself. We’re going to speak about that soon.
There are more than 90 content elements/modules to choose from– images, headings, buttons, slide carousels, counters, progression bars, endorsements and also more.
The majority of things deal with drag-and-drop– you can take any aspect as well as move it to a new spot merely by dragging it across the display.
The pages are all mobile-responsive and SEO-friendly.
There’s a library of pre-made page templates that can be imported and modified. At the time of writing, there were 150-plus cost-free and also 300-plus pro design templates offered. Additionally, you can conserve your own templates.
If you’re on the Pro version of Elementor, you can make use of the Style Home builder feature, which permits you to modify your theme’s core aspects, such as the header, footer, solitary post template, or your blog archives.
Lastly, there’s likewise a totally brand-new WooCommerce Contractor module. It resembles Motif Building contractor, but this one allows you to redesign all of your default WooCommerce pages, such as your single product page or product archive.
As I pointed out earlier, the core performance of the plugin is to enable you to construct, fine-tune and also adjust your web pages easily– and after that see the outcome of that in real-time.
That real-time sneak peek function suggests you do not have to question what your web page is mosting likely to look like when published (which is the typical circumstance with indigenous WordPress web pages that are very theme-dependent).
So, what can you do exactly? Initially, Elementor permits you to take advantage of numerous content elements/modules (more than 90 of them), which you can put anywhere on the web page. You can then reorganize those elements with the abovementioned drag-and-drop support.
The offered web content elements consist of headings, photos, message paragraphs, video clips, switches, dividers, spacers, icons, image galleries and also slide carousels, counters, testimonials, social media sites symbols, shortcodes, and a great deal extra. Likewise, you reach use whatever widgets you already have on your WordPress site.
Apart from that, Elementor offers you access to display settings. This is where you can change the backgrounds, margins and also padding values, default colors, typefaces, and so on.
On top of that, there’s a full revision background, suggesting you can return to a previous version of the page (in case you messed something up and do not know just how to repair it).
Last, yet absolutely not least, Elementor provides you full control over what your page resembles on desktop, tablet as well as mobile.
Making use of those tiny toggles, you can change back and forth between tools, and change the great information to make the web page appearance fantastic anywhere.
Okay, to keep this Elementor review accurate, I should probably point out there’s a Pro version readily available too. Yet you do not actually need it to appreciate, say, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– honestly!
The primary plugin is offered using the official WordPress repository (get it below). There are no hidden prices or signups/registrations needed. It simply functions!
Now, about that Pro edition. Approved, it does feature some interesting stuff that power individuals will take pleasure in:
50- plus extra web content elements/modules.
300- plus extra web page design templates.
Motif Home builder (the component where you can change the headers as well as footers of your present theme).
WooCommerce Home builder (the component that enables you do rebuild your WooCommerce product web pages).
Popup Home builder (a component where you can construct pop-ups and also have them incorporated with either an opt-in type or some unique offer/discount).
Visual Type Builder (features assimilations with popular advertising devices).
You can create International Widgets and afterwards reuse them throughout the site.
Add customized CSS to any type of Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor elements in sidebars and also widgets.
Below’s the present rates of Elementor Pro:
This is an annual subscription, so you additionally get 24/7 assistance and updates as long as you stay subscribed.
So, is Elementor much better than the competition? Well, that depends on just how we consider it.
Despite the fact that the marketplace of web page home builders has actually expanded a whole lot over the years, the two primary rivals of Elementor’s are still the same– those are Beaver Home Builder as well as Divi Contractor. Hence, for many people, choosing a page building contractor boils down to choosing between Elementor, Beaver as well as Divi.
- Free– $0, yet very limited
- Build and also host a website– $89/year. Suitable if you wish to host a site besides simply producing it.
- Necessary– $49/year. A great option to design a single website.
- Expert- $199/year. Suitable for making up to 25 sites
- Workshop– $499/year as well as works well for 100 web sites
- Firm– $999/year for 1000 sites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s complimentary. And also many new web sites won’t need to update to Pro.
+ It has a phenomenal series of functions and also is easy to use.
+ Once more, the range of functions that are offered for free is more than remarkable. I feel I need to consist of that on the list twice.
+ It permits you to build personalized web page layouts and also designs that might not be available in your current motif as well as does not call for any HTML, CSS or PHP skills.
+ Features such as inline text editing and also real-time sneak peeks provide you a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ editing interface.
+ The ability to change your desktop, tablet computer and mobile views independently.
+ There are really in-depth settings for every one of the placements, margins and padding values. Essentially nothing is outside your control.
Cons of Elementor:
– Including custom styling to links does not constantly go as prepared. You might be stuck to Elementor’s default typography as well as shade settings, which might not be what you want.
– If something is misaligned on the page, it’s often hard to find the exact margin worth that’s the offender. As an example, you may have a key block, a column inside it, and then a content aspect inside that. Each of them has its own margin setups.