Elementor is a drag-and-drop page home builder plugin for WordPress. This means a couple of things:
– Elementor allows you develop original-looking messages and also web pages that are unique, compared to the basic post/page themes that come with your WordPress theme.
– You obtain a 100% separate user interface to work with your articles as well as pages– the bulk of your job does not take place in the common block editor that includes WordPress.
– It does not need any kind of HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding skills– everything can be done with a convenient user-facing interface.
– It deals with the front end of your web site, meaning it shows you the end results of your work as soon as possible in a genuine ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ fashion.
– You can utilize it to develop any kind of content design or page layout you can imagine– no matter what your present WordPress theme enables you to do.
– And also, most notably, it deals with all WordPress styles, so you can maintain your current style and also still get all of the rewards Elementor features.
Putting everything together, the major advantage of using Elementor is that you can create excellent page layouts/designs, even if you’re not a specialist nor have any kind of experience with website building.
This is especially essential if you get on a limited budget plan and also don’t intend to work with any individual to aid you with the site.
That DIY principle seems to reverberate with individuals a great deal. At the time of creating, more than three million(!) WordPress web sites had Elementor mounted and also active. That’s a staggering number, and it just goes to reveal that Elementor has actually genuinely taken the internet by storm.
Let’s look right into a few of one of the most interesting features of Elementor’s, one at a time:
Attributes and also Benefits
First, there’s the primary page building functionality itself. We’re mosting likely to speak about that soon.
There are greater than 90 material elements/modules to pick from– pictures, headings, switches, carousels, counters, progress bars, reviews and also even more.
Many things work with drag-and-drop– you can take any type of aspect and also move it to a brand-new area just by dragging it across the screen.
The pages are all mobile-responsive as well as SEO-friendly.
There’s a library of pre-made page layouts that can be imported and also customized. At the time of composing, there were 150-plus complimentary and 300-plus pro layouts available. Additionally, you can conserve your own layouts.
If you get on the Pro version of Elementor, you can use the Style Building contractor feature, which allows you to customize your theme’s core aspects, such as the header, footer, solitary article design template, or your blog archives.
Finally, there’s likewise a completely brand-new WooCommerce Builder module. It’s similar to Style Building contractor, however this permits you to redesign every one of your default WooCommerce pages, such as your solitary item page or product archive.
As I discussed previously, the core capability of the plugin is to permit you to build, fine-tune and adjust your web pages freely– and after that see the result of that in real-time.
That live preview feature indicates you do not have to wonder what your page is going to resemble when published (which is the typical circumstance with native WordPress pages that are extremely theme-dependent).
So, what can you do specifically? Initially, Elementor enables you to make use of many material elements/modules (greater than 90 of them), which you can put anywhere on the page. You can after that reposition those aspects with the aforementioned drag-and-drop support.
The readily available material elements consist of headlines, images, text paragraphs, video clips, switches, dividers, spacers, symbols, picture galleries and also carousels, counters, testimonials, social media sites icons, shortcodes, and a whole lot a lot more. Additionally, you reach utilize whatever widgets you already have on your WordPress website.
Aside from that, Elementor offers you access to show settings. This is where you can alter the backgrounds, margins and also padding values, default colors, fonts, and so on.
In addition to that, there’s a full modification background, suggesting you can revert to a previous version of the page (in case you messed something up and don’t recognize exactly how to fix it).
Last, however definitely not least, Elementor provides you full control over what your web page resembles on desktop computer, tablet computer as well as mobile.
Making use of those little toggles, you can switch backward and forward in between gadgets, as well as readjust the fine details to make the web page appearance excellent anywhere.
Okay, to keep this Elementor testimonial accurate, I need to probably point out there’s a Pro version offered too. But you do not truly need it to take pleasure in, claim, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– truthfully!
The main plugin is readily available via the main WordPress repository (get it here). There are no concealed costs or signups/registrations required. It just functions!
Now, regarding that Pro version. Provided, it does include some interesting things that power customers will certainly take pleasure in:
50- plus added material elements/modules.
300- plus additional page templates.
Style Home builder (the component where you can alter the headers as well as footers of your existing style).
WooCommerce Builder (the component that allows you do restore your WooCommerce product pages).
Popup Building contractor (a component where you can develop pop-ups and also have them integrated with either an opt-in form or some special offer/discount).
Visual Type Contractor (comes with integrations with popular advertising and marketing tools).
You can create Global Widgets and after that recycle them throughout the website.
Include personalized CSS to any type of Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor elements in sidebars and also widgets.
Here’s the present pricing of Elementor Pro:
This is an annual registration, so you likewise obtain 24/7 assistance and also updates as long as you remain subscribed.
So, is Elementor better than the competitors? Well, that relies on exactly how we consider it.
Although the market of web page building contractors has grown a whole lot for many years, both major rivals of Elementor’s are still the very same– those are Beaver Building Contractor and also Divi Contractor. Hence, for many people, choosing a page home builder boils down to making a decision between Elementor, Beaver and also Divi.
- Free– $0, however highly restricted
- Develop and also host a site– $89/year. Suitable if you want to hold a site besides simply developing it.
- Important– $49/year. An excellent choice to design a solitary website.
- Specialist- $199/year. Ideal for designing approximately 25 websites
- Workshop– $499/year and also works well for 100 websites
- Company– $999/year for 1000 internet sites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s totally free. And also the majority of brand-new web sites won’t require to upgrade to Pro.
+ It has an extraordinary series of attributes as well as is easy to use.
+ Once again, the series of features that are offered free of cost is greater than excellent. I feel I ought to consist of that on the checklist twice.
+ It permits you to construct personalized web page layouts and styles that may not be available in your present theme and doesn’t require any type of HTML, CSS or PHP abilities.
+ Attributes such as inline text editing and also real-time previews provide you a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ editing and enhancing user interface.
+ The capability to readjust your desktop, tablet and mobile sights independently.
+ There are very in-depth settings for every one of the alignments, margins as well as cushioning values. Actually absolutely nothing is outdoors your control.
Cons of Elementor:
– Adding custom styling to web links does not always go as prepared. You might be stuck with Elementor’s default typography as well as color setups, which may not be what you desire.
– If something is misaligned on the page, it’s frequently difficult to find the exact margin value that’s the offender. For instance, you may have a key block, a column inside it, and afterwards a material component inside that. Each of them has its very own margin settings.