Elementor is a drag-and-drop page builder plugin for WordPress. This suggests a number of things:
– Elementor allows you produce original-looking blog posts as well as web pages that are unique, compared to the common post/page themes that feature your WordPress style.
– You get a 100% separate user interface to service your blog posts and pages– the bulk of your work does not happen in the conventional block editor that features WordPress.
– It doesn’t require any HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding skills– everything can be done through a convenient user-facing user interface.
– It deals with the front end of your web site, implying it reveals you the end results of your job immediately in a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ way.
– You can use it to produce any material design or web page format you can envision– regardless of what your present WordPress style permits you to do.
– And also, most notably, it works with all WordPress motifs, so you can maintain your existing design and also still get all of the goodies Elementor features.
Putting it all with each other, the major advantage of using Elementor is that you can create excellent web page layouts/designs, even if you’re not an expert nor have any experience with website structure.
This is especially crucial if you’re on a limited budget as well as do not wish to employ any individual to assist you with the site.
That do it yourself concept seems to reverberate with customers a lot. At the time of composing, more than 3 million(!) WordPress websites had Elementor set up as well as energetic. That’s a staggering number, and it simply goes to show that Elementor has really taken the internet by tornado.
Let’s have a look right into some of one of the most fascinating features of Elementor’s, one at a time:
Features and Benefits
First, there’s the main page building functionality itself. We’re mosting likely to discuss that soon.
There are greater than 90 content elements/modules to select from– photos, headings, buttons, slide carousels, counters, progress bars, testimonies and more.
The majority of points deal with drag-and-drop– you can take any kind of aspect and also move it to a new place simply by dragging it across the display.
The web pages are all mobile-responsive and also SEO-friendly.
There’s a collection of pre-made web page themes that can be imported and changed. At the time of creating, there were 150-plus cost-free and also 300-plus pro templates offered. In addition, you can conserve your very own themes.
If you’re on the Pro variation of Elementor, you can make use of the Theme Contractor feature, which enables you to modify your style’s core aspects, such as the header, footer, single post layout, or your blog archives.
Finally, there’s likewise a completely new WooCommerce Building contractor module. It resembles Style Contractor, yet this allows you to remodel all of your default WooCommerce web pages, such as your solitary product web page or item archive.
As I discussed previously, the core performance of the plugin is to permit you to build, tweak and readjust your pages easily– and after that see the outcome of that in real-time.
That online preview function means you do not have to question what your page is going to look like when published (which is the common circumstance with native WordPress web pages that are highly theme-dependent).
So, what can you do exactly? Initially, Elementor permits you to make use of lots of content elements/modules (more than 90 of them), which you can position anywhere on the web page. You can after that rearrange those aspects with the previously mentioned drag-and-drop assistance.
The available content components include headings, pictures, text paragraphs, videos, buttons, dividers, spacers, symbols, picture galleries and carousels, counters, testimonies, social networks icons, shortcodes, as well as a great deal a lot more. Likewise, you reach use whatever widgets you already carry your WordPress site.
In addition to that, Elementor provides you access to present setups. This is where you can transform the backgrounds, margins and also extra padding worths, default shades, font styles, and so forth.
On top of that, there’s a full modification history, implying you can go back to a previous variation of the page (in case you messed something up and also don’t know just how to repair it).
Last, yet certainly not least, Elementor gives you full control over what your page looks like on desktop, tablet and mobile.
Using those little toggles, you can switch back and forth between tools, and also adjust the fine information to make the page appearance great anywhere.
It’s totally free.
Okay, to keep this Elementor evaluation factual, I need to most likely discuss there’s a Pro version available as well. Yet you don’t actually need it to take pleasure in, claim, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– honestly!
The primary plugin is readily available via the official WordPress database (get it here). There are no covert prices or signups/registrations required. It just works!
Now, concerning that Pro edition. Approved, it does feature some fascinating stuff that power customers will certainly appreciate:
50- plus added material elements/modules.
300- plus extra web page design templates.
Theme Building contractor (the component where you can alter the headers and also footers of your current style).
WooCommerce Building contractor (the module that enables you do reconstruct your WooCommerce item pages).
Popup Home builder (a module where you can build pop-ups and have them integrated with either an opt-in type or some unique offer/discount).
Aesthetic Kind Home builder (features combinations with preferred advertising and marketing devices).
You can create Global Widgets and afterwards reuse them throughout the site.
Add personalized CSS to any kind of Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor aspects in sidebars as well as widgets.
Below’s the present prices of Elementor Pro:
This is a yearly registration, so you additionally obtain 24/7 assistance as well as updates as long as you stay subscribed.
So, is Elementor far better than the competition? Well, that relies on just how we look at it.
Although the market of web page home builders has actually grown a whole lot for many years, both primary rivals of Elementor’s are still the very same– those are Beaver Building Contractor and also Divi Contractor. Therefore, for many people, selecting a page home builder boils down to making a decision between Elementor, Beaver as well as Divi.
- Free– $0, yet very limited
- Construct and organize a website– $89/year. Suitable if you want to hold a website besides simply developing it.
- Crucial– $49/year. A great selection to create a solitary site.
- Specialist- $199/year. Perfect for developing approximately 25 sites
- Workshop– $499/year and functions well for 100 websites
- Company– $999/year for 1000 websites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s totally free. As well as the majority of brand-new web sites won’t need to update to Pro.
+ It has a phenomenal variety of functions and also is easy to use.
+ Again, the range of features that are offered free of charge is greater than excellent. I feel I must include that on the listing twice.
+ It enables you to construct custom-made web page layouts and also designs that may not be available in your existing motif as well as doesn’t call for any kind of HTML, CSS or PHP skills.
+ Features such as inline text editing and real-time previews provide you a true ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ modifying interface.
+ The capability to change your desktop, tablet and mobile sights separately.
+ There are extremely detailed settings for all of the alignments, margins and also cushioning worths. Actually absolutely nothing is outside your control.
Cons of Elementor:
– Adding personalized styling to links doesn’t always go as intended. You might be stuck with Elementor’s default typography as well as shade settings, which may not be what you desire.
– If something is misaligned on the web page, it’s commonly hard to find the exact margin worth that’s the offender. As an example, you might have a key block, a column inside it, and then a content element inside that. Each of them has its very own margin setups.