Elementor is a drag-and-drop page builder plugin for WordPress. This means a couple of things:
– Elementor allows you create original-looking articles and pages that are unique, compared to the basic post/page layouts that come with your WordPress motif.
– You get a 100% separate interface to work on your blog posts as well as web pages– the bulk of your work does not take place in the conventional block editor that includes WordPress.
– It does not require any kind of HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding skills– whatever can be done via a handy user-facing user interface.
– It works with the front end of your web site, indicating it reveals you the end results of your work right away in an authentic ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ way.
– You can utilize it to produce any kind of content format or web page format you can visualize– regardless of what your present WordPress motif enables you to do.
– And, most significantly, it collaborates with all WordPress motifs, so you can maintain your current design and still obtain all of the goodies Elementor includes.
Placing all of it with each other, the primary benefit of using Elementor is that you can create impressive page layouts/designs, even if you’re not an expert neither have any type of experience with site structure.
This is specifically essential if you get on a limited budget as well as don’t want to work with anyone to help you with the site.
That DIY concept appears to reverberate with customers a whole lot. At the time of writing, more than 3 million(!) WordPress websites had actually Elementor set up and active. That’s a shocking number, and also it just goes to show that Elementor has genuinely taken the web by tornado.
Let’s look into some of the most interesting features of Elementor’s, one at a time:
Features and also Advantages
First, there’s the major page building performance itself. We’re mosting likely to speak about that soon.
There are more than 90 content elements/modules to choose from– pictures, headings, buttons, slide carousels, counters, progress bars, endorsements as well as even more.
The majority of points collaborate with drag-and-drop– you can take any kind of component and relocate to a brand-new spot merely by dragging it throughout the display.
The web pages are all mobile-responsive and also SEO-friendly.
There’s a library of pre-made web page design templates that can be imported as well as changed. At the time of composing, there were 150-plus cost-free and also 300-plus professional layouts offered. In addition, you can conserve your own themes.
If you get on the Pro version of Elementor, you can utilize the Theme Builder feature, which enables you to customize your theme’s core components, such as the header, footer, solitary post design template, or your blog archives.
Finally, there’s additionally a totally brand-new WooCommerce Home builder module. It’s similar to Motif Home builder, yet this set enables you to remodel every one of your default WooCommerce pages, such as your single item web page or product archive.
As I stated previously, the core capability of the plugin is to allow you to develop, tweak and also adjust your pages freely– and afterwards see the result of that in real-time.
That online preview feature suggests you do not have to wonder what your web page is mosting likely to look like when released (which is the standard circumstance with indigenous WordPress web pages that are very theme-dependent).
So, what can you do specifically? Initially, Elementor allows you to capitalize on lots of content elements/modules (greater than 90 of them), which you can place anywhere on the web page. You can after that reposition those aspects with the abovementioned drag-and-drop assistance.
The available material aspects consist of headlines, photos, message paragraphs, video clips, switches, divider panels, spacers, symbols, photo galleries and also slide carousels, counters, reviews, social media sites icons, shortcodes, and a whole lot a lot more. Also, you reach use whatever widgets you currently have on your WordPress website.
In addition to that, Elementor gives you access to present setups. This is where you can change the histories, margins as well as cushioning values, default shades, font styles, and more.
In addition to that, there’s a complete revision background, indicating you can revert to a previous variation of the page (in case you messed something up and also do not recognize how to fix it).
Last, however definitely not least, Elementor offers you full control over what your web page appears like on desktop, tablet as well as mobile.
Making use of those little toggles, you can change back and forth between tools, and also change the fine details to make the page look wonderful anywhere.
Okay, to maintain this Elementor evaluation valid, I should probably point out there’s a Pro version offered too. However you do not actually require it to appreciate, claim, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– truthfully!
The primary plugin is readily available using the official WordPress repository (get it below). There are no hidden prices or signups/registrations required. It just works!
Now, regarding that Pro edition. Granted, it does feature some intriguing things that power customers will certainly enjoy:
50- plus additional content elements/modules.
300- plus additional web page layouts.
Motif Home builder (the module where you can transform the headers and also footers of your current theme).
WooCommerce Builder (the component that allows you do rebuild your WooCommerce item web pages).
Popup Building contractor (a component where you can construct pop-ups as well as have them integrated with either an opt-in kind or some special offer/discount).
Visual Form Building contractor (includes assimilations with prominent advertising devices).
You can create International Widgets and afterwards reuse them throughout the site.
Add personalized CSS to any Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor components in sidebars and widgets.
Here’s the present prices of Elementor Pro:
This is an annual membership, so you likewise obtain 24/7 support as well as updates as long as you remain subscribed.
So, is Elementor better than the competitors? Well, that depends upon just how we check out it.
Although the marketplace of web page home builders has expanded a whole lot throughout the years, the two main competitors of Elementor’s are still the exact same– those are Beaver Building Contractor and Divi Builder. Thus, for many people, choosing a web page home builder comes down to deciding in between Elementor, Beaver and Divi.
- Free– $0, yet very restricted
- Construct and host a site– $89/year. Perfect if you want to hold a site besides simply creating it.
- Essential– $49/year. A great selection to make a single site.
- Professional- $199/year. Suitable for developing up to 25 sites
- Workshop– $499/year and also functions well for 100 internet sites
- Firm– $999/year for 1000 websites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s totally free. And also the majority of new web sites will not require to update to Pro.
+ It has a phenomenal variety of functions and also is easy to use.
+ Once again, the series of features that are readily available free of cost is more than impressive. I feel I need to include that on the listing twice.
+ It allows you to build personalized page designs and also layouts that might not be offered in your existing style and doesn’t need any HTML, CSS or PHP abilities.
+ Attributes such as inline text editing and also real-time previews provide you a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ editing interface.
+ The capacity to change your desktop, tablet as well as mobile views separately.
+ There are very thorough setups for all of the positionings, margins and extra padding values. Essentially absolutely nothing is outside your control.
Cons of Elementor:
– Adding custom-made styling to web links does not constantly go as planned. You might be stuck with Elementor’s default typography and also shade settings, which might not be what you desire.
– If something is misaligned on the page, it’s commonly hard to locate the specific margin worth that’s the wrongdoer. For example, you might have a main block, a column inside it, and afterwards a web content aspect inside that. Each of them has its very own margin settings.