Elementor is a drag-and-drop web page home builder plugin for WordPress. This indicates a number of things:
– Elementor lets you produce original-looking articles as well as web pages that are distinct, compared to the typical post/page design templates that feature your WordPress theme.
– You obtain a 100% different user interface to work on your articles and web pages– the mass of your work does not take place in the typical block editor that includes WordPress.
– It doesn’t require any HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding skills– everything can be done through an useful user-facing interface.
– It services the front end of your site, meaning it shows you the outcomes of your work as soon as possible in a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ way.
– You can use it to create any type of content format or page design you can think of– no matter what your current WordPress theme permits you to do.
– As well as, most significantly, it collaborates with all WordPress styles, so you can keep your existing layout and also still obtain every one of the rewards Elementor includes.
Putting it all together, the primary benefit of using Elementor is that you can develop excellent web page layouts/designs, even if you’re not a specialist neither have any type of experience with website building.
This is particularly crucial if you’re on a limited spending plan as well as don’t intend to hire anyone to aid you with the website.
That do it yourself concept seems to resonate with users a lot. At the time of writing, more than 3 million(!) WordPress internet sites had actually Elementor mounted and active. That’s a shocking number, and it simply goes to show that Elementor has actually really taken the web by tornado.
Allow’s look right into some of one of the most fascinating features of Elementor’s, one at a time:
Features and also Advantages
First, there’s the main web page building functionality itself. We’re mosting likely to talk about that soon.
There are greater than 90 content elements/modules to choose from– images, headings, buttons, slide carousels, counters, progress bars, reviews as well as more.
Most things work with drag-and-drop– you can take any type of element and move it to a brand-new area simply by dragging it across the display.
The web pages are all mobile-responsive and SEO-friendly.
There’s a library of pre-made page templates that can be imported as well as modified. At the time of creating, there were 150-plus free and also 300-plus professional templates available. In addition, you can save your very own themes.
If you get on the Pro version of Elementor, you can make use of the Motif Home builder feature, which enables you to modify your theme’s core aspects, such as the header, footer, single post template, or your blog archives.
Last but not least, there’s likewise a completely new WooCommerce Contractor module. It resembles Theme Contractor, however this one permits you to redo every one of your default WooCommerce web pages, such as your single product page or product archive.
As I stated previously, the core performance of the plugin is to permit you to develop, modify and also readjust your web pages openly– and then see the result of that in real-time.
That online sneak peek attribute indicates you don’t need to question what your page is going to look like when released (which is the standard circumstance with native WordPress pages that are extremely theme-dependent).
So, what can you do exactly? First, Elementor permits you to make the most of numerous content elements/modules (greater than 90 of them), which you can put anywhere on the web page. You can then reorganize those elements with the aforementioned drag-and-drop support.
The offered content elements include headings, photos, message paragraphs, videos, buttons, divider panels, spacers, icons, image galleries as well as carousels, counters, testimonials, social networks symbols, shortcodes, and a whole lot extra. Additionally, you get to make use of whatever widgets you currently carry your WordPress site.
Besides that, Elementor provides you accessibility to display setups. This is where you can transform the backgrounds, margins and padding values, default colors, typefaces, and so on.
On top of that, there’s a full alteration background, meaning you can go back to a previous version of the web page (in case you messed something up and also don’t know exactly how to fix it).
Last, yet absolutely not the very least, Elementor provides you complete control over what your web page looks like on desktop, tablet computer and mobile.
Making use of those little toggles, you can switch backward and forward in between gadgets, and also readjust the great information to make the page look great all over.
Okay, to keep this Elementor review factual, I must possibly state there’s a Pro version offered too. However you do not really need it to enjoy, state, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– truthfully!
The major plugin is readily available using the main WordPress repository (get it right here). There are no hidden costs or signups/registrations needed. It simply functions!
Currently, regarding that Pro version. Granted, it does include some interesting stuff that power users will enjoy:
50- plus additional material elements/modules.
300- plus additional page templates.
Motif Builder (the component where you can alter the headers and footers of your existing theme).
WooCommerce Contractor (the component that permits you do rebuild your WooCommerce item web pages).
Popup Contractor (a module where you can build pop-ups as well as have them incorporated with either an opt-in type or some special offer/discount).
Visual Kind Building contractor (comes with combinations with prominent marketing tools).
You can develop Global Widgets and after that reuse them throughout the website.
Add customized CSS to any Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor elements in sidebars and also widgets.
Right here’s the existing prices of Elementor Pro:
This is a yearly subscription, so you additionally obtain 24/7 assistance as well as updates as long as you remain subscribed.
So, is Elementor better than the competition? Well, that depends upon exactly how we consider it.
Even though the market of web page home builders has actually expanded a lot for many years, the two major rivals of Elementor’s are still the same– those are Beaver Builder and also Divi Home Builder. Hence, for many people, selecting a page contractor comes down to deciding between Elementor, Beaver and Divi.
- Free– $0, however highly restricted
- Construct and also organize a site– $89/year. Suitable if you wish to organize a site besides just creating it.
- Necessary– $49/year. A good choice to make a single internet site.
- Professional- $199/year. Perfect for designing up to 25 sites
- Workshop– $499/year and also works well for 100 websites
- Agency– $999/year for 1000 internet sites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s free. As well as many new sites will not require to update to Pro.
+ It has an outstanding variety of attributes and is easy to use.
+ Once more, the variety of functions that are available completely free is more than remarkable. I feel I ought to consist of that on the listing twice.
+ It permits you to build customized web page formats and also layouts that might not be offered in your existing theme and doesn’t require any type of HTML, CSS or PHP skills.
+ Attributes such as inline text editing and also real-time sneak peeks provide you a true ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ editing and enhancing user interface.
+ The ability to change your desktop, tablet computer and also mobile views individually.
+ There are extremely comprehensive settings for every one of the placements, margins and also padding values. Essentially nothing is outside your control.
Disadvantages of Elementor:
– Including personalized styling to web links doesn’t constantly go as intended. You might be stuck with Elementor’s default typography as well as color settings, which might not be what you desire.
– If something is misaligned on the web page, it’s typically hard to find the exact margin value that’s the culprit. For instance, you might have a primary block, a column inside it, and after that a web content aspect inside that. Each of them has its very own margin settings.