Elementor is a drag-and-drop page builder plugin for WordPress. This means a couple of things:
– Elementor allows you develop original-looking posts and also pages that are one-of-a-kind, compared with the standard post/page templates that feature your WordPress theme.
– You get a 100% separate interface to work on your blog posts as well as pages– the bulk of your job doesn’t happen in the standard block editor that includes WordPress.
– It does not call for any type of HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding abilities– every little thing can be done through a helpful user-facing interface.
– It works with the front end of your site, meaning it shows you the end results of your work right now in an authentic ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ manner.
– You can utilize it to develop any content format or page design you can think of– regardless of what your existing WordPress motif enables you to do.
– As well as, most notably, it deals with all WordPress motifs, so you can keep your present design and also still get every one of the rewards Elementor features.
Putting it all together, the main advantage of using Elementor is that you can produce excellent page layouts/designs, even if you’re not a specialist neither have any kind of experience with site building.
This is particularly important if you’re on a limited budget and don’t wish to employ any person to help you with the website.
That do it yourself concept seems to reverberate with customers a great deal. At the time of creating, more than 3 million(!) WordPress web sites had actually Elementor installed and also energetic. That’s an incredible number, and it just mosts likely to show that Elementor has actually truly taken the web by tornado.
Let’s look right into several of one of the most fascinating attributes of Elementor’s, individually:
Functions and Benefits
First, there’s the primary web page structure functionality itself. We’re going to discuss that in a minute.
There are more than 90 web content elements/modules to select from– pictures, headings, switches, slide carousels, counters, progress bars, testimonials and more.
A lot of things collaborate with drag-and-drop– you can take any kind of element and also move it to a brand-new area merely by dragging it throughout the screen.
The web pages are all mobile-responsive and also SEO-friendly.
There’s a collection of pre-made page themes that can be imported and customized. At the time of composing, there were 150-plus totally free as well as 300-plus professional layouts readily available. Additionally, you can conserve your own design templates.
If you’re on the Pro version of Elementor, you can use the Theme Building contractor attribute, which allows you to customize your motif’s core aspects, such as the header, footer, single blog post layout, or your blog site archives.
Finally, there’s additionally a totally new WooCommerce Builder component. It resembles Theme Builder, however this set permits you to redo all of your default WooCommerce pages, such as your solitary product page or product archive.
As I stated earlier, the core functionality of the plugin is to allow you to construct, fine-tune as well as change your pages openly– and then see the result of that in real-time.
That live sneak peek feature implies you do not need to question what your page is mosting likely to appear like when released (which is the standard circumstance with native WordPress pages that are extremely theme-dependent).
So, what can you do exactly? Initially, Elementor permits you to make use of lots of content elements/modules (greater than 90 of them), which you can position anywhere on the page. You can then rearrange those elements with the abovementioned drag-and-drop assistance.
The readily available content aspects include headings, images, message paragraphs, video clips, switches, divider panels, spacers, icons, image galleries and carousels, counters, endorsements, social networks icons, shortcodes, and a whole lot much more. Additionally, you reach utilize whatever widgets you currently carry your WordPress website.
Apart from that, Elementor gives you access to present setups. This is where you can transform the histories, margins and extra padding worths, default colors, fonts, and more.
On top of that, there’s a complete modification background, meaning you can change to a previous version of the web page (in case you messed something up as well as do not know exactly how to fix it).
Last, but absolutely not least, Elementor provides you full control over what your web page resembles on desktop, tablet computer and mobile.
Making use of those tiny toggles, you can switch to and fro in between tools, and readjust the fine details to make the web page look excellent anywhere.
Okay, to keep this Elementor testimonial accurate, I ought to most likely point out there’s a Pro edition offered too. Yet you do not truly require it to appreciate, claim, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– truthfully!
The primary plugin is readily available through the official WordPress database (get it here). There are no hidden expenses or signups/registrations needed. It just functions!
Currently, regarding that Pro version. Granted, it does feature some intriguing things that power users will certainly appreciate:
50- plus additional content elements/modules.
300- plus added page layouts.
Style Contractor (the module where you can transform the headers and also footers of your current theme).
WooCommerce Home builder (the module that enables you do reconstruct your WooCommerce item pages).
Popup Home builder (a component where you can construct pop-ups and also have them incorporated with either an opt-in type or some special offer/discount).
Visual Type Builder (includes integrations with popular marketing devices).
You can produce International Widgets and then reuse them throughout the website.
Add custom-made CSS to any type of Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor components in sidebars and widgets.
Below’s the current rates of Elementor Pro:
This is an annual membership, so you additionally get 24/7 assistance and also updates as long as you stay subscribed.
So, is Elementor far better than the competition? Well, that depends on just how we look at it.
Despite the fact that the market of web page contractors has actually grown a lot throughout the years, both major rivals of Elementor’s are still the exact same– those are Beaver Home Builder and Divi Building Contractor. Hence, for lots of people, selecting a web page contractor boils down to choosing in between Elementor, Beaver as well as Divi.
- Free– $0, yet very restricted
- Develop as well as hold a site– $89/year. Ideal if you intend to organize a website besides just producing it.
- Important– $49/year. A good option to develop a solitary internet site.
- Professional- $199/year. Ideal for creating approximately 25 websites
- Studio– $499/year and works well for 100 sites
- Firm– $999/year for 1000 internet sites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s cost-free. As well as the majority of brand-new internet sites will not require to upgrade to Pro.
+ It has an outstanding series of features and is easy to use.
+ Once again, the series of functions that are available free of cost is greater than impressive. I feel I should include that on the list two times.
+ It allows you to develop personalized page layouts as well as layouts that might not be readily available in your current theme and also doesn’t need any HTML, CSS or PHP skills.
+ Functions such as inline text editing and real-time sneak peeks provide you a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ editing and enhancing user interface.
+ The capability to adjust your desktop computer, tablet and mobile sights separately.
+ There are very thorough setups for all of the placements, margins as well as padding values. Literally absolutely nothing is outside your control.
Cons of Elementor:
– Including personalized designing to web links doesn’t constantly go as planned. You might be stuck to Elementor’s default typography as well as shade settings, which may not be what you desire.
– If something is misaligned on the web page, it’s frequently tough to find the specific margin worth that’s the perpetrator. For example, you might have a main block, a column inside it, and afterwards a web content aspect inside that. Each of them has its own margin settings.